Inch Subwoofer Reviews: Having a good sound system is a delicacy to one’s ears. An ideal Home Theatre System with top quality audio and video streaming is a must have for all the movie freaks and entertainment enthusiasts.
The market is flooded with various kinds of sound systems emphasizing their best qualities. In such a situation choosing the best 10 inch subwoofer can be a tricky task. The right audio plays a very significant role in making the theater an unforgettable experience. One requires a good audio system in all possible places in order to enjoy the high-quality music and immerse in the gist of the song. However, the sound and music can not be enjoyed unless they are clear, precise and noise free.
To make sure that the listener has the best sound experience, an ideal sound system is required. Apart from the right speakers and woofers, one also needs the right subwoofers for producing a high-quality sound. Subwoofers are responsible for fleshing out low frequencies and other low responses on an audio track. They are responsible for increasing the bandwidth on the lower frequency scale, delivering smoother bass. Enhancing the lower frequencies helps the listeners to enjoy the subtle beats and tones of the soundtrack in a better and clear way.
- 0.1 Best 10 inch subwoofers reviews
- 0.1.1 1. Rockford Fosgate P3D4
- 0.1.2 2. JL Audio 10W3v3-4 10″ Single 4 ohm W3v3 Series Subwoofer
- 0.1.3 3. KICKER 10C104 Comp 10″
- 0.1.4 4. Pioneer TS-W254R
- 0.1.5 5. Alpine SWR-10D4 Type-R
- 0.1.6 6. Planet Audio AC10D
- 0.1.7 7. Rockford Fosgate R2D4
- 0.1.8 8. JL Audio 10W3v3-2
- 0.1.9 9. Pyle PLPW10D
- 0.1.10 10. Skar Audio IVX-10v2 D2
- 0.2 How to choose the best 10-inch subwoofer
- 0.3 Different Types of Subwoofer Enclosures
- 1 Conclusion
Best 10 inch subwoofers reviews
1. Rockford Fosgate P3D4
This subwoofer can also be dubbed by the name thundering monster! It has a tremendous output noise, you can easily hear out from at least a mile away. Let’s check out some specifications which help you to decide which subwoofer will be ideal for you.
Power handling – With Rockford Fosgate best woofer in the P3 series, the power handling of the woofer reaches to 1000 watts at 500 RMS. That’s quite a lot!
Rubber over-mold for grip – The subwoofer supports a soft rubber over-mold that helps to carry the woofer with ease without the slightest hesitation of falling from the hands. The rubber gives a good grip to the woofer.
Also Read – Best Acoustic Electric Guitar Reviews
Anodized Aluminum Voice Coil Former – This company is building the sound systems for more than 20 years, making them one of the most experienced setup in the field. Woofers do dissipate a lot of heat, near to 100 degrees! Keeping them cool is a tedious task. The company has come up with anodized aluminum voice coil former technology in which aluminum is used for heat dissipation rather than plastics. Aluminum being a good conductor of heat acts like a heat sink keeping the woofer cool.
VAST – Vertical Attach Surround Technique increases the effectiveness of the speaker. Due to this technology, the effectiveness of the cone area increased by 25%.
Above are the specs which stand out comparing to the other subwoofers in the same price range. This subwoofer costs around $125 on amazon with free shipping.
- Good build quality
- Bass is very strong
- Good value for money
In all, the subwoofer gives the best bass in the given price range and given the power that it gives out, it’s a party suited woofer.
2. JL Audio 10W3v3-4 10″ Single 4 ohm W3v3 Series Subwoofer
The second subwoofer which is being compared is a product of JL audio, another well-established company with the only motto to give quality sound to the customers. Let’s check out some of the specifications which make this subwoofer stand out.
Power Handling – The power handling of this monster have its peak at 600 watts at 300 RMS. Though lower than the previous contender, the sound quality will make your legs go crazy over the music and tend you to dance.
Impedance – Having an impedance of 4 ohms is a one of the greatest strength of this product. Lower the impedance better is the sound quality. Having low impedance suggests that even at low input, the sound thrown out is high. The sensitivity also proportionally changes with the input. Hence having a low impedance is always better and this product definitely have better compare to other products in the same price range.
- Good price value
- Hand made
- Built quality of the woofers is very high
- Not loud enough considering the other products in the similar price range.
The price of this woofer is just about 250$ with free shipping. It is ampngst the most expansive product in our list. But since the woofer is handmade and considering the built quality, the woofer can be dubbed as a the best 10 inch subwoofer.
3. KICKER 10C104 Comp 10″
This woofer is being a part of this comparison because unlike the above two, this comes with a pair or you can double subwoofer system. Specifications for this subwoofers are given below
Power handling – The pair comes with a combined peak of 600 watts that is each subwoofer has peak of about 300 watts.
High temperature coil wire – Like the first subwoofer, this woofer does have a cooling system which makes this to be one of the ideal product to buy. The coil helps in dissipating the heat and keeps the woofers cool.
Also Read – Best Electronic Drum Set Reviews
Warranty – The subwoofers do come with a warranty extension option by giving up some extra bucks. To have 2 year protection just pay $3.91 extra and for 3 year protection pay $7.91. This extension of warranty is being offered by various provider. This being one of the unique feature, this subwoofer gains some points in this comparison.
- Bass is much better compared to larger woofers
- Considering the small size, the subwoofers can fit anywhere
- Cleaning is easy
- The fabrication of the woofer is not good considering the bass thump.
The company, KICKER, claims to have the best bass system has this pair of subwoofers placed in a good price range. The pair comes with the cost of almost $110 only on amazon. The subwoofers are ideal for open area partying and are durable and efficient.
4. Pioneer TS-W254R
The last subwoofer in the comparison is the Pioneer TS-W254R which is the most powerful in all the above subwoofers. Pioneer which is already a renowned company in quality sound field has launched this subwoofer at an astonishing price of just $79.99 making this inexpensive yet best in the sound quality
Power handling – The woofer gives out a power of maximum 1100 watts at 250 RMS which way too much for any woofer in this price range.
Coils – The subwoofer contains 6 coils internally which keeps the woofer cool and helps to dissipate the heat generated in it. Since it has 6 coils internally, the woofer remains cool even after being on for hours.
Impedance – As mentioned earlier, lower the impedance, better will be the sound quality at lower input. This woofer has an impedance of only 4 ohms making it the most ideal subwoofer to be bought in the price range.
- Good bass
- Low frequency modulation is good
- 6 layers of coil
- Price value is good for the product
- Not loud enough compared to other subwoofers
- Sensitive in the case of power handling
All in all, this subwoofer surely makes you dance on the beats and considering the price range, the product satisfies the needful at an affordable expense.
5. Alpine SWR-10D4 Type-R
Alpine SWR-10D4 Type-R subwoofer is a high sound quality product that is a treat for any bass lover. The clear sound, deep bass notes, accurate response and otherworldly thump will definitely bring alive your vehicle.
HAMR SantopreneTM Surround – This enables a large amount of excursion.
KevlarTM Treated Pulp Cone – The cone in this subwoofer is made up of KevlarTM treated pulp which is a high quality material and provides structural strength to it.
Related – Best Condenser Mic Reviews
Power Handling – The product can handle approximately 300 to 1000 Watts RMS.
- The sound quality is very clear, especially for a 10-inch subwoofer.
- It can be used in almost any vehicle.
- It comes at a very reasonable cost.
- It has to be matched with the right box to get the best out of it.
- An amplifier of approximately 1000 to 1500 Watt is required.
- Only a single subwoofer is offered in the product. It is not a pair.
The Alpine SWR-10D4 Type-R subwoofer is probably one of the best choices among the 10 inch subwoofers for your vehicle. It is a great choice for bass lovers.
6. Planet Audio AC10D
Offered by a well known brand Planet Audio, this product contains two 10-inch subwoofers having dual 4 Ohm voice coil. Addition of these subwoofers to your car’s audio system will surely transform the audio system of your car. The product also comes with a warranty.
Power Handling – A single subwoofer can handle approximately 750 Watt RMS, while the pair can handle 1500 Watt RMS.
Voice Coil – The diameter of the voice coil is two inches.
Efficiency – The efficiency is 1 Watt per meter.
Frequency Response – The frequency response has a pretty good range of approximately 23Hz to 3kHz.
- It offers one of the lowest prices for 10 inch subwoofers.
- It comes in a pair.
- It has a decent sound quality.
- The amplifier is not too powerful.
- Very deep bass notes may not sound very good.
Planet Audio AC10D is easily one of the best deals if you are on a budget. It may not be the best one available, but for the 750 Watt amplifier range and considering the cost, it is definitely one of the good ones out there.
7. Rockford Fosgate R2D4
Here’s an amazing 10-inch subwoofer for your vehicle’s audio system that with its extremely good sound quality, will easily be a favorite. Rockford Fosgate R2D4 is a very scientifically designed subwoofer and offers some great features.
Power Handling – It can handle an RMS power of 250 Watt and a maximum power of 500 Watt. It allows continuous power handling, not instantaneous, due to which does not damage the voice coils with time.
Also Read – Best Distortion Pedal Reviews
Voice Coil – The voice coils are anodizes, as a result of which they do not heat up a lot and hence, are likely to last far longer.
Tinsel Leads – The tinsel leads are stitched, and hence have a reduced weight and can handle more strain.
- It is a highly durable subwoofer.
- It has been designed very well and care has been taken that it does not damage too soon.
- The quality of bass notes played is very good.
- The RMS power rating is too low. It should be used for RMS power of more than 250 Watt.
- It requires a relatively greater box space.
With some great features, amazing sound, durability and high quality, this is clearly one of the best subwoofers for your vehicle.
8. JL Audio 10W3v3-2
JL Audio 10W3v3-2 is 10-inch, 2 Ohm subwoofer. The subwoofer is those parts of the sound system that is responsible for the enhancement of the bass or the lower frequencies of the audio track. JL Audio 10W3v3-2 Subwoofer is one of the most popular and efficient subwoofers available in the market in the 10-inch range.
- The peak power handling capacity of the subwoofer is 600 watts, giving it a safer and stable operation.
- With an RMS handling capacity of 300 watts, the product proves to be energy efficient and guarded.
- The impedance of the Subwoofer is 2 Ohms, making it compatible with many speakers available in the market.
- Sensitivity plays a very significant role in the sound quality obtained from a subwoofer. With a sensitivity of 86dB, JL Audio 10W3v3-2 unquestionable gives its users a high-end sound experience.
- The product has a sealed box Volume of 0.625 cubic Feet and Ported Box volume of 1.125 cubic feet, making it an ideal choice for both the type of enclosures.
- Comes with a one year warranty.
- Compact Look
- High Sensitivity
- Good compatibility
- Easy to Install
- The only drawback of this subwoofer is the customer services. Though the product may not require much attention, in case of required assistance, it is difficult to get from the customer service of the company.
It is a highly appreciated and accepted product. Anyone looking for a versatile and compact subwoofer must go for it.
9. Pyle PLPW10D
Pyle PLPW10D is a 10-inch 4-ohm subwoofer is a giving a superior quality sound output. This product is a great way to upgrade one’s sound system for a more deep and clear sound production.
- Provides a peak power handling of 1000 watts and RMS power handling of 500 watts giving a wide safe range of operation.
- With a sensitivity of 90dB, the sound delivered is of excellent quality and high precision.
- It gives an impedance matching of 4Ohm.
- With a one year warranty and Black Steel basket, it is a very suitable choice for the subwoofer.
- 2-Inch 4-layer high-temperature dual voice coil with 50 oz sound production unit helps produce extra slam and gives the listener a sound of superior quality and excellent clarity.
- The 4Ohm impedance gives it the flexibility to be matched with both 2 ohm and 8-ohm speakers.
- Enhanced booming sound
- Reduces wearing out and the chances of breakage with its stable and sturdy build up.
- Not compatible with many types of equipment
- Can stop working abruptly in some cases
Though the product has some drawbacks, the advantages it offers can easily cover them up. With high-quality sound production and easy to operate design, it is a suitable product for enhancing the quality and clarity of any sound system.
10. Skar Audio IVX-10v2 D2
The Skar Audio IVX-10v2 D2 is a 10-inch Dual 2 ohm subwoofer, with a well structured and loud daily driver. Designed to deliver the best quality of sound with limited power consumption, it easily outperforms most of its competitors.
- It has a peak power handling capacity of 800 watts and RMS power handling capacity of 400 watts making it stable to operate for very long periods of time.
- Possessing a sensitivity of 87.2dB, it is capable of producing a sound of high clarity and significant precision.
- Two years manufacturer’s warranty
- Compatible with both portable and sealed enclosure types with the maximum sealed volume of 0.85 cubic feet and Maximum ported volume of 1.3 cubic feet.
- Premium grade rubber surrounds for better low-end frequency response.
- Costs less than most of the subwoofers of equal efficiency.
- Versatile and compatible.
- Can flesh out the lower beats to a large extent, producing a really loud and clean sound.
- Sometimes may fail to produce the sound of expected quality.
The Skar Audio IVX-10v2 D2 is one of the best subwoofers present in the market in its price range. Offering superior quality of sound production, it is a very suitable choice for music lovers and travel freaks.
How to choose the best 10-inch subwoofer
Choosing the ideal subwoofer can depend on many factors. Though the right subwoofer improves the quality of sound, and give it the right depth tremendously, it can also degrade the sound system if not selected wisely. The factors that should be kept in mind while choosing the subwoofer are-
Selecting the Type
There are various kinds of subwoofers available in the market having their own pros and cons. Depending on the usage and place of installation, one can choose from Component, Enclosed, Power, and vehicle specific subwoofers. As suggested by the names, Component subwoofers are highly component specific and one can choose its various components like the subwoofer, the amplifier, and the Enclosure as per their requirement.
Related – Best Fuzz Pedal Reviews
The Enclosed Subwoofer comes with enclosure and the amplifier can be selected as per requirements. Power woofers are a complete set of the system and are ready to install. Since they are not customised as per needs, they are not very customer specific and can be installed in the area of limited application. Vehicle specific subwoofers are available according to various places where the woofer has to be installed.
The selection of subwoofer also depends on the kind of audio tracks one wants to listen and play. Sounds having a wide range of frequencies require a number of subwoofers. In most cases, one subwoofer is usually sufficient for a certain range of bass. However, music genres like heavy metal and hip hop which contain a lot of low beats may require two or sometimes more than two subwoofers.
Checking various technicalities is a major factor that should be considered when selecting a subwoofer. For instance, the frequency range to be covered, the impedance and the power consumed are affect the quality of sound delivered to a great extent. It’s important for one to make sure that the speakers they select and the subwoofers they add, both have same impedances and are compatible with each other.
Bass Management system
This system is responsible for routing the bass to the subwoofers instead of the speakers. Selecting a good bass management system and a matching subwoofer can result in amazing sound production.
The quality of a subwoofer can be judged by its frequency range, amplification power, and enclosure stability. Nevertheless, it is always best to first test the selected subwoofer in the listening arena and then decide about investing in it.
Different Types of Subwoofer Enclosures
Enclosures play a significant role in the production of sound. For a subwoofer to perform optimally, it needs the support of the right enclosure. Majorly there are two types of Enclosures one can choose from, Sealed, and Ported. Each of these enclosures provides a different kind of sound effects.
In general, the Sealed enclosure is preferred by people who want to enhance the bass but don’t want to amplify it much. The sealed Enclosure helps produce clearer and more precise notes. They are compact and consume a little more power than the ported type for their operation.
Also Read – Best Double Din Head Unit Reviews
The Ported type Subwoofer is the one which gives the party feels. If one likes to hear loud music with amplified beats, this is the enclosure type they should go for. Also, another kind of subwoofers called the Bandpass subwoofers are also available in the market.These enclosure ensure maximum amplification and boom bass most effectively.
What is the difference between a subwoofer and a speaker?
A speaker in technical terms is a transducer i.e. it is responsible for converting the electrical pulses into the sound. Subwoofers also kind of perform the same task, but at much lower frequency levels. The frequency range of subwoofers can vary from 20 Hz to 200 Hz, depending on the usage. Speakers have no such restrictions. Generally, speakers are capable of producing frequencies of a wide range varying from bass to treble.
When selected wisely and customized accordingly, subwoofers serve their part of enhancing the bass with high efficiency and effectiveness. Installing the right subwoofers can improve any audio delivering system to great extents and fortify the hearing experience of the listeners.
Last update on 2021-04-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API