If you are looking to purchase a good fuzz pedal and confused amid so many choices in the market, don’t worry you are at the right place. We have reviewed more than 50 pedals in our research before finding the best fuzz pedals and after extensive research and studies; we have finalized the top 10 fuzz pedals.
Listed below are bestselling Best Fuzz Pedal Reviews which satisfy both affordability and quality.
Obtaining a brand-new fuzz pedal can be as amazing as it can be demanding, each pedal will certainly give you a different audio as well as it’s ideal to go as well as research study as well as see if it fits your design of playing specifically. For every testimonial you check out below, it can be really handy to seek out examination tracks of how each item sounds to obtain an all-round concept of exactly how it will certainly seem when you connect it into the remainder of your equipment. If you need a Flanger pedal – go here.
We provided our top choices in an evaluation style to help you choose which fuzz pedal could improve your design of playing as well as make your jam sessions far more delightful. If you are looking for something new and also fresh, a new pedal may simply assist you up your skill, and also we hope that you can get something beneficial from the testimonial and FAQ section of this post!
- 1 Here is Our Review of the Top Fuzz Pedals for Guitar
- 1.1 1. Donner Guitar Stylish Fuzz
- 1.2 2. Biyang Fz-10 Fuzz Star
- 1.3 3. Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Fuzz Face Distortion
- 1.4 4. ZVex Effects Vexter Fuzz Factory Guitar Effect Pedal
- 1.5 5. Electro-Harmonix Deluxe Big Muff Fuzz Pedal
- 1.6 6. Morley PFW Cliff Burton Tribute Power Fuzz Wah
- 1.7 7. EarthQuaker Hoof Fuzz Effects Pedal
- 1.8 8. Way Huge WHE401 Swollen Pickle™ Jumbo Fuzz
- 1.9 9. Wampler VELVETFUZZ Guitar Pedal
- 1.10 10. Fulltone Octafuzz OF-2 Fuzz/Octave
Here is Our Review of the Top Fuzz Pedals for Guitar
1. Donner Guitar Stylish Fuzz
- From gated, low-gain splat to almost infinite sustaining buzz, cover a lot of ground with very little fuss and a whole lot of attitude
- The controls are as simple as it gets with Volume and Fuzz knobs as well as a toggle for high or low gain settings
- Crank the Volume and leave Fuzz down low to give you lower-gain, vintage-style fuzz
- Crank the Fuzz to find all the cutting and splatty tones you need for any riff or lead line
- In the – mode, the toggle gives you a low-gain mode where you get vintage broken-speaker type sounds
In a sea of fuzz pedals, the very first product on our list of best fuzz pedals is the one from Donner. This is a traditional looking pedal available at a very affordable cost. It is one of those compact pedals that one can take anywhere. It is a cute and stylish looking pedal.
Numerous people have linked its sound with a violin tone; this just got to show how fabulous this pedal sounds. This pedal can easily compete with bigger and costlier counterparts on the market in many senses. Donner Guitar Stylish Fuzz has a volume knob, tone knob and bustain knob at the center. It also highlights True Bypass for zero tone coloration.
2. Biyang Fz-10 Fuzz Star
- The MIMIDI Fuzz Distortion Pedal is a totally brand new effect pedal, smooth sounding fuzz distortion is in every settings, supplying 3 kinds of FUZZ tone(Normal, Bright, Warm ),selected via the toggle switch
- The Baby Boom series guitar pedals can not only be powered by the battery S-006/6F22 9V and also works well with the special AC-Adapter.The unique design of the back battery cover which bring a great easiness for user to put in/out the battery.Every single unit undergoes a strict quality control ensuring the supreme quality performance
- The guitar effect pedal using a Tube amp, the sound will get warm, very blues and jazzy sounding. It with a standard size cast aluminium enclosure more compact and portable,plus first-class workmanship,it will bring you a new experiences
- The fuzz guitar effect pedal with true bypass and LED indicator. Seal designed dust proof potentiometer to ensure its life. Smart compact circuit design, full metal shell and heavy duty footswitch, very durable
- Support and Warranty：Friendly and professional support team are at your service 24/7; Products are with our worry-free 12-month warranty
Biyang Fz-10 is a part of baby booms series from Biyang. It is also a compact and features rich fuzz pedal. Biyang Fz-10 is powered by 9v battery or AC adapter. It has three knobs – Tone, Level, and Fuzz that gives you an excellent command over your sound.
A noteworthy feature of this pedal is that it comes with three modes – Normal, Bright and Warm. It is not one of those traditional fuzz pedals, and hence it plays more modern. There is also true bypass feature present in the pedal. Overall, this is a great fuzz pedal with glorious sound at a very reasonable bargain price.
3. Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Fuzz Face Distortion
- The signature Jimi Hendrix fuzz sound in two different flavors
- Toggle between early smooth germanium tones and later aggressive silicon tones
- Buffer switch to make it play nice with wah pedals
- Features the trippy, kaleidoscopic designs of award-winning UK-based design cure ilovedust
- Includes ECB003 9V adapter
This product from Jimi Hendrix has excellent sound quality. It is a great equipment for home studio, Amateur, and Professional recording. It is not as compact as our previous pedals, but it has a sturdy build quality.
Dunlop Jimi Hendrix appears with a minimal design, a volume and fuzz knob at the top. We would like to see a LED notification light, but it lacks one. It is developed around the toneful BC108 silicon transistor and power by a 9V battery.
4. ZVex Effects Vexter Fuzz Factory Guitar Effect Pedal
- Made with 2 new old stock '60s germanium transistors
- Volume, Gate, Compress controls
- Drive, and Stability controls
- Hand-silkscreened, hand-polished aluminum chassis
- Made with 2 new old stock '60s germanium transistors
The fuzz factory offers a variety of fuzz tones. This is unlike a typical fuzz pedal. It has a great sound, very driving and typical sound. The clarity and tonal separation are amazing. What makes it different from other pedal is it three adjustable parameters – compressor, gate, and stab. The inclusion of gate and compressor does the wonders.
This fuzz pedal has a total of 5 knobs other two knobs are volume and drive. It is hand-silkscreened and made from hand-polished aluminum chassis. It may take some time to get used to this pedal, but once you configure it right, you would just fall for this pedal.
Also read – Best Distortion Pedal and Buying Guide 2017
5. Electro-Harmonix Deluxe Big Muff Fuzz Pedal
- Pad on the input that's switchable between 0dB and -10dB ensures the pedal is optimized for use with both passive and active pickups
- Blend allows a player to mix to taste the direct and distorted signals
- Three outputs: a 1/4 effect out, 1/4 direct (buffered dry) out and XLR DI out give complete control of your output signal and sound
- Foot-switchable crossover section with a variable low pass filter on the dry signal and a variable high pass filter on the distorted signal give bassists the ability to sculpt their sound
- Crossover circuit, in conjunction with the Blend control, lets you keep the low-end clear and focused and the high-end bright and cutting
This is one of the icons of fuzz pedals. It was first launch more than 40 years ago. This is a re-imagined version of the original pedal. It produced all the classic sound of original NYC Big Muff Pi plus a lot of additional features.
There is variety of controls in this pedal. It has total of 7 knobs – volume knobs to control the sound of entire pedal, tone knob provides a range of high treble to deep bass, sustain knob to control the sustain and distortion, attack knobs control the attack effect in the volume, gate knob, Mid frequency knob and mid level knobs add versatility to this fuzz pedal. There is also a true bypass feature and bass boost and Mids Q switches.
6. Morley PFW Cliff Burton Tribute Power Fuzz Wah
- Route one signal to two outputs or two inputs to one output
- Choose A, B or A & B combined
- LED’s show you which signal is active
- Unit is passive and will work without battery One 9V battery is required for LED indication only
- True bypass
Morley PFW Cliff Burton is a very different looking pedal compare to our previous pedals; this pedal is a tribute version of 70’s Morley Power Fuzz Wahl. It has a lot of features and controls for creating music. There is Fuzz Level, Intensity, and Vintage / Modern switch. A great feature of the pedal is you can use wash or fuzz independently or together.
It can be powered by 9-volt battery or Morley adapter. It is backed by two years of warranty by the manufacturer. This fuzz pedal has fantastic reviews on amazon.com. Most of the users have given it 5/5 stars, and the best thing is not even a single person has given any negative review about this product.
7. EarthQuaker Hoof Fuzz Effects Pedal
- Features a hybrid Germanium/Silicon design, pairing maximum tone with maximum temperature stability
- Wide gain range provides everything from amp-like overdrive to monstrous fuzz madness
- Features a smooth, natural and harmonically rich sustain
- Generates real clarity and distinctiveness that provides a tight and controlled signal that will surely be heard through the mix
- Scoop the mids or boost them--lots of tonal shaping options are on tap
EarthQuaker Hoof is the same pedal that is also featured in our best distortion pedal list. This is a very efficient pedal from Eathquaker. Eathquaker is a very reputable brand in the pedal world. One thing that set it apart from every other pedal maker is the fact that every product from Earthquaker is hand-made.
There are four knobs present in this pedal – tone, shift, level and fuzz. It also features a LED indicator and true bypass switch. For power, it uses a 9volt battery. There is a limited lifetime warranty for this product. Overall, there is no doubt that it is one of the best fuzz pedals on the market. Not just us but many users and critics belives the same.
8. Way Huge WHE401 Swollen Pickle™ Jumbo Fuzz
- Smaller, more pedalboard-friendly housing
- Take your signal from mild crunch to high gain Armageddon
- Scoop, Crunch, and internal Voice and Clip controls for fine-tuning fuzz sound
- Package Weight: 0.544 kilograms
This is a very quirky looking fuzz pedal from way huge. It is gradient green in color. The varieties of tones offered by this fuzz pedal are very broad. Way Huge is regarded as one of the most brutal pedals by many of its users.
It is most suitable for single note playing. There are quite a few controls available with this pedal which includes loudness and sustain knob, Tone stack scoop control, a crunch knob, filter control and true bypass feature.
Overall, it is indeed regarded as the best fuzz pedal because of its Versatility and the amazing array of tone it offers. One could hardly find anything wrong with this pedal.
9. Wampler VELVETFUZZ Guitar Pedal
- Designed with all the character, power, and tone of a classic fuzz and with the option to tame the sound and bring it back under control
- Features two completely different clipping options, not just the basic silicon or germanium option like most pedals
- Capable of achieving those classic fuzz big tones that compress massively across the bottom
- Also allows you to tighten up the tones and have the pedal respond more like a distortion
- Perfect for chasing down the tone of players like David Gilmour or Eric Johnson
This is a handmade pedal from Wampler, and it is made and designed in the USA. There are two different versions of this pedal, the one we recommend is version one. This pedal is made for players to get classic fuzz tone into a clean amp.
The controls are very similar to other fuzz pedals in the list. They are – volume knob for controlling the volume, fuzz knob for dictating how much fuzz and clipping start happening on your signal, Big/Tight Switch and a brightness button. There is also true bypass feature.
Various settings are already recommended by the manufacturer on their amazon.com sales page like Cliffs of Johnson and Jacks White Stripes.
10. Fulltone Octafuzz OF-2 Fuzz/Octave
- Vintage sounds inspired by famous fuzz pedals of the '60s and '70s
- Uses advanced COSM technology to recreate classic fuzz
- BOOST control for more aggressive toneRoad-tough BOSS metal construction
- BOSS five-year
So the last pedal in our list of best fuzz pedal is one from Fulltone. Numbers of pedals in the market are so high that even a pedal of such quality is at the bottom of our list. Fulltone Octafuzz is a very minimalistic looking pedal with minimal controls.
There are just two big knobs like volume and boost. This pedal is just loved by all of its users, though there are not many reviews of this product but even then almost all of its users have given it 5/5 stars. Overall, it has a rating of 4.9/5 stars. A score of this class for any product speaks a volume about them. Therefore, though it is last on our list, it still holds a remarkably firm ground for itself.
Last update on 2020-10-31 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API