Stay cool in the summer heat with a portable air conditioners from Home Depot! A portable air conditioner is a great option for people who live in apartments, have limited space or need to travel. Portable units save energy over window units and are ideal for rooms up to 400 square feet. You can also use these models outdoors for special occasions like parties, weddings or family reunions where you want extra cooling power. Our selection includes brands like Honeywell, Frigidaire and DeLonghi so there’s sure to be one that fits your needs and budget. Stop sweating it out this summer by shopping online at Home Depot today!
- 1 Top 10 Best Rated Portable Air Conditioners
- 1.1 Whynter ARC-14S 14,000 BTU Dual Hose Portable Air Conditioner
- 1.2 COMFYHOME 2-in-1 Air Cooler
- 1.3 ROLLICOOL 14000 BTU Smart Portable Air Conditioner
- 1.4 BREEZEWELL 2-in-1 Evaporative Air Cooler
- 1.5 Portable Electric Air Conditioner Unit
- 1.6 Rechargeable Evaporative Air Conditioner Fan with 3 Speeds 7 Colors
- 1.7 Vornado 154 Whole Room Air Circulator Tower Fan
- 1.8 BLACK+DECKER BPT08WTB Portable Air Conditioner with Remote Control
- 1.9 JulyPanny Portable Air Conditioner
- 1.10 Portable Air Conditioner AC Mini
- 2 BUYING GUIDES: Choose Portable Air Conditioners
- 3 FAQS
- 4 Conclusion:
Top 10 Best Rated Portable Air Conditioners
Whynter ARC-14S 14,000 BTU Dual Hose Portable Air Conditioner
The Whynter ARC-14S 14,000 BTU Dual Hose Portable Air Conditioner is Good Housekeeping’s “2020 Best Overall” and Consumer Report’s 2020 Highest Score. Brand new for 2019, this dual hose unit features an Eco-friendly R-32 Refrigerant that ensures non-ozone layer damage and a quiet operation on 3 fan speeds – perfect for any bedroom or small living space. With a cooling capacity of up to 14,000 BTUs per hour , the ARC-14S will be able to cool down a 500 square foot room faster than other similarly sized portable air conditioners from competitors on the market.
– Powerful air conditioner for large spaces.
– Quiet and eco-friendly.
– Stay cool during the summer heatwave.
– Get your energy bill back under control with this unit’s dehumidifying function.
COMFYHOME 2-in-1 Air Cooler
COMFYHOME 2-in-1 Air Cooler is your trusted, powerful air conditioning alternative. Add water to use it as an evaporative cooler in hot, arid climates or use the fan alone for up to 250 sq. feet of refreshing relief from heat and humidity. The oversized 1-gallon water tank needs less refilling with a bladeless design that often lasts up to two days per tankful. Use its three speeds and 40° swing oscillation to control the airflow for comfort anywhere in your home — even when you sleep! Plus, get ready for instant cooling relief by purchasing additional ice packs separately (sold out). Now taking orders while supplies last!
– Keep your home cool and at a comfortable temperature.
– Save money on utilities.
– Stay eco-friendly by using water as the cooling agent instead of electricity or gas.
– Sleep better with cooler temps in your bedroom.
– Have more energy throughout the day because you’re not overheating at work or home.
ROLLICOOL 14000 BTU Smart Portable Air Conditioner
Rollicool 14000 BTU Smart Portable Air Conditioner is perfect for those hot and humid days! With 14K BTUs, it can cool rooms up to 375 sq. ft., and with a library of Alexa skills, the Rollicool is easy to use. Plus, this A/C unit features smooth-glide 360° caster wheels so you can easily move the AC from room to room! Comes fully equipped with everything needed: window kit, washable air filter, Bluetooth connectivity – all at an affordable price! The ROLLICOOL portable air conditioner is great for keeping your home cool during any season or year. Order now before they are sold out or unavailable again next eventful summer day!
– Keep your cool with a 14K BTU A/C unit.
– Enjoy the convenience of Alexa voice commands.
– Stay comfortable on hot days.
– Save money by saving energy and cooling efficiently.
BREEZEWELL 2-in-1 Evaporative Air Cooler
Introducing the Breezewell 2-in-1 Evaporative Air Cooler. This sleekly designed device is ultra thin, but by no means small in power! It can be placed anywhere without much thought or dusting because it’s stability won’t be disturbed. Follow the instructions to put water into the large round base and tower, then feel free to enjoy 8 hours of cool relief with up to 1 gallon of evaporated water per use! Tiered timing controls give you a 15 hour window for cooling which will allow you an extra whole day to save energy if need be. The quiet operation won’t disturb your slumber or your pets so one less thing to worry about when turning on this amazing machine!
– 8 hours of cool air
– 15 hour timer
– Sleep peacefully without worrying about the heat
Portable Electric Air Conditioner Unit
The SereneLife portable AC is ideal for the summer. A lightweight, handy design with rolling wheels makes it super-easy to move into your bedroom, living room or workshop. With 3 modes including cooling, dehumidifier and fan you’re all set! This compact floor air conditioning unit features a simple electric Plug in operation and can cover up to 215 sq ft of space with 900W rated power and 8000 BTU cooling power.
Imagine never having to worry about feeling stuffy or getting hot ever again at home – this clean air cooler will keep you cool all year round!
– You’ll feel like you’re in a cool, comfortable oasis.
– Stay comfortable and healthy all year long.
– Sleep better at night.
– Be productive throughout the day
Rechargeable Evaporative Air Conditioner Fan with 3 Speeds 7 Colors
The HAYI Rechargeable Evaporative Air Conditioner Fan with 3 Speeds 7 Colors is dust-proof and waterproof, which won’t take up a lot of space and can easily carry to anywhere. In summer, this mini cooler for camping is the best choice as well as your home or office’s desktop fan. The air cooler features with many amazing qualities that include cold air continuously sprayed for several hours to keep you cool at night during a good sleep session. With an 8 wattage, it has three wind modes: low wind power/medium wind power/strong wind power. It comes in seven colors so consumers have options when purchasing their cooling appliance from HAYI’s innovative products line!
– The air cooler features with 3 wind modes.
– 300ML Large Water tank can be used for 4-5 hours When fill it up.
– Cold air can be sprayed continuously for several hours to keep the body cool at night for a good sleep.
Vornado 154 Whole Room Air Circulator Tower Fan
The Vornado 154 Whole Room Tower Circulator offers a more effective way to circulate air with V-Flow Circulation. 4 speed settings, selected by push-button controls, allow you to tailor the airflow perfectly for your needs. The timer ensures that you are running this product in an energy saving way and the remote control that magnetically hangs at the top of the unit is always within reach. Whether it’s because you have an allergy or are trying to cool down on a hot day, make sure not to settle for any less than one of these amazing tower circulators!
– Keeps you cool in the summer.
– Portable and lightweight for traveling.
– Sleep soundly at night.
– Stay refreshed all day long.
BLACK+DECKER BPT08WTB Portable Air Conditioner with Remote Control
Keep your cool this summer with the BLACK+DECKER BPT08WTB Portable Air Conditioning Unit. Able to pump out 8,000 BTUs of cool air in no time at all, it is perfect for small spaces like bedrooms and dorms where you want fast cooling but not so much cold an environment that it makes staying indoors too unpleasant. The built-in sleep mode follows room temperature fluctuations when you sleep to ensure that your body is kept at just the right temperature while sleeping without compromising efficiency when heating or cooling when there are other people in the household awake. This unit features features easy installation, combining seamless capacity with low maintenance requirements, saving you both space and headaches!
– Reduces humidity in the room
– Keeps air dry and cool
– Doesn’t take up too much floor space
– Helps you save money on your electric bill.
– Protects the environment by reducing CO2 emissions.
– Sleep Mode auto controls the temperature at night.
– 8,000 BTU SACC/CEC (12,500 BTU ASHRAE) provides strong cooling power.
JulyPanny Portable Air Conditioner
The JulyPanny Air Conditioner, a 3-in 1 product for summertime. The conveniently located water tank can last up to five hours before needing a refill and provide both cold air and cool mist spray functions to help you breathe easy all season long—perfect in small bedrooms or open office spaces that are prone to heat waves. Stay cool on the beach with this convenient option that’s smaller than any briefcase you have in your garage.
Elevate your lifestyle throughout summer with the July Panny Portable Air Conditioner!
– Stay cool and refreshed during the hot summer months.
– Sleep better at night with a cool breeze.
– Keep your family healthy this summer.
– Get more done in less time with air conditioning!
Portable Air Conditioner AC Mini
Are you in need of a supplement to your AC for the summer heat? Ac Mini is the time-saving, space-saving alternative. Featuring 3 wind speeds and 2 timers, this device offers settings that correspond with your needs whether it’s for personal use only or large rooms where extreme cooling power is needed. This product features easy maintenance like water tank refill alerts and mess free operation that makes it simple to set up and care for even when on vacation or tight on time. This product will keep you cool during peak hours until the air conditioner kicks in again!
– Keeps your home safe and clean.
– Saves you money on electricity bills.
– Provides 3 wind speeds and 2 timers.
– Never worry about your kids or pets knocking it over again.
BUYING GUIDES: Choose Portable Air Conditioners
In the summer months, when temperatures can rise well into the 90s and beyond, what is a person to do? A portable air conditioner can provide relief on some of the hotter days.
Creating the perfect conditions for work, relaxation and sleep is often easier said than done. At home, heating or cooling may not be very cost effective but being uncomfortable can make concentrating difficult. In certain climates trying to stay cool is a challenge but an air conditioner that runs on electricity can create its own set of problems due to increasing costs and environmental concerns about emissions.
A portable air conditioner doesn’t require permanent installation which means it doesn’t have to be placed in an ideal spot away from windows and sources of cold fresh air. It’s small enough to be tucked into any corner where you need it most without consuming much space at all. In addition, they’re quiet and easily portable so you don’t disrupt others when moving them from room to room.
The one downside to portable air conditioners is that they aren’t designed for full time year round use and must be used in conjunction with additional heating or cooling units such as fans when the temperature outside begins to drop. Doing this however will increase your energy bills significantly and a window unit may be more cost effective in the long run if you are able to benefit from year round use of another location.
How to choose an air conditioner that
Before you purchase a portable air conditioner it’s important to determine which room in your home needs cooling. Generally, an AC unit requires at least 10-15 square feet of space per BTU of airflow. For example, a 5000 BTU unit delivers around 50 cubic feet of cold air every minute and works well in areas up to 500 square feet or so. It will be able to keep the average bedroom cool during summer months while doors and windows are left open for additional ventilation.
A 12000 BTU model can deliver more than 100 cubic feet of cool air every minute but won’t necessarily cool down a larger area any faster than one with half its capacity. In other words, if you run it in an area of your home that measures 1,000 square feet, it won’t need to work any harder than a 5000 BTU model.
If you want an AC unit for a particularly large room or use it year round to keep the chill off, consider purchasing one with more BTUs such as 15000 BTUs or even 20000+ BTUs. However, these will require installation and likely be placed outside connected to your home with additional wiring so expect a higher price tag as well.
Tips on how to use your new portable air conditioner
Keep the exhaust hose in an elevated position so it can blow hot air out of the window without lying on the floor or being placed near a wall where cooler air might come in from another source such as an open door or nearby window. The goal is to get as much hot air out before you try and cool down any room.
During warm months, keep all windows and doors closed while the AC runs so it doesn’t lose its desired temperature setting. Also use it with blinds or curtains closed for optimum cooling since this will trap cold air inside and stop warm outside air from coming in.
To conserve energy, close the vents on your air conditioner completely when you turn it off to stop cool air from escaping.
Consider purchasing a window kit if you don’t plan to use your portable AC unit full time and want something more cost effective for daily cooling needs. Window kits allow the unit to be placed in a window so all you need to do is hook up some tubing and crank the cool knob up high whenever you feel like it.
Pros and Cons of Portable Air Conditioners
– Unlike central air conditioners, portable ones can be easily moved from room to room as needed.
– They’re small and easy enough to keep in any corner of the room without worrying about aesthetics or consuming much space at all.
– Portable AC units are inexpensive and offer a low cost alternative for cooling individual rooms rather than larger spaces.
– Not designed for full time year round use so they will need to be used in conjunction with other heating or cooling units such as fans when it’s cold outside which may increase your energy bills significantly over time.
– They must be placed near an open window so hot air can escape but this can also result in increased humidity levels if you don’t open the window every once in awhile for additional ventilation.
– They don’t remove humidity from the air so they may have trouble keeping a room cool if you live in an area that’s humid and hot.
What are the benefits of using a best portable air conditioner?
– Portable air conditioners are typically very inexpensive.
– They’re small and can be easily moved around rooms as needed.
– Portable AC units offer a low cost alternative for cooling individual rooms rather than larger spaces.
What are the drawbacks of using a best portable air conditioner?
– They must be placed near an open window so hot exterior air can escape but this can also result in increased humidity levels if you don’t open the window every once in awhile for additional ventilation.
– They don’t remove humidity from the air so they may have trouble keeping a room cool if you live in an area that’s humid and hot.
How to look after your portable air conditioner
– Keep the exhaust hose in an elevated position so it can blow hot air out of the window without lying on the floor or being placed near a wall where cooler air might come in from another source such as an open door or nearby window. The goal is to get as much hot air out before you try and cool down any room.
– During warm months, keep all windows and doors closed while the AC runs so it doesn’t lose its desired temperature setting. Also use it with blinds or curtains closed for optimum cooling since this will trap cold air inside and stop warm outside air from coming in.
– To conserve energy, close the vents on your air conditioner completely when you turn it off to stop cool air from escaping.
– Consider purchasing a window kit if you don’t plan to use your portable AC unit full time and want something more cost effective for daily cooling needs. Window kits allow the unit to be placed in a window so all you need to do is hook up some tubing and crank the cool knob up high whenever you feel like it.
– Portable air conditioners use less energy than central units but they won’t likely be able to cool down large spaces or even entire rooms so one might work best when used in conjunction with another heating or cooling system.
Which best describes the way in which you use a portable air conditioner?
– I use a portable air conditioner when I am at my desk or in the living room.
– I use a portable air conditioner to keep me cool while exercising.
– I never use a portable air conditioner because it is too expensive and unnecessary.
What is the best time to use a portable air conditioner?
– The middle of summer when it’s hot outside.
– When you have company over and need to cool down your home quickly.
– Anytime, because they are so convenient!
What is the best way to set up a portable air conditioner?
– Put it in the shade and keep it at least five feet from anything that can be damaged by extreme cold.
– Keep it at least 3 feet away from furniture, walls, or drapes.
– Place the unit on a flat surface, such as a table or floor near an open window.
If you’re looking for the best portable air conditioners on the market, then it’s crucial that you take your needs into account. For example, do you need a machine with more power to cool an entire house? Or will one small option be enough for your space and budget? Once you’ve considered these factors, we recommend checking out our list of top picks below!
Listed below are Best portable air conditioners which satisfy both affordability and quality:
Last update on 2022-10-04 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API