An airless sprayer is special equipment used for spray painting. It is the best option to finish a big painting job within a short deadline. The final finished work has a perfectly glass-smooth texture. This airless sprayer has a hose pipe with a tiny hole on the spray gun tip. This gun tip is planned in such a way that it can break up the paint uniformly into petite droplets. An airless sprayer can make things easier in two simple ways. First, it can speed up the painting job if you have a very short timeline. Second, it has a perfectly smooth finish, especially on doors or woodworks.
- 1 Top 10 Airless Paint Sprayer Reviews
- 1.1 1. Graco Magnum 262800 X5 Stand Airless Paint Sprayer
- 1.2 2. HomeRight C800879 Power-Flo Pro 2800 Airless Paint Sprayers
- 1.3 3. Wagner 518080 Control Spray Max HVLP Sprayer
- 1.4 4. Krause & Becker 5/8 HP 3000 PSI Airless Paint Sprayer Kit
- 1.5 5. Fuji 2202 Semi-PRO 2 HVLP Spray System
- 1.6 6. Graco Magnum 261815 ProX7 Hi-Boy Cart Airless Paint Sprayer
- 1.7 7. Titan 0516013 XT330 Airless Sprayer
- 1.8 8. Earlex HV5500 Spray Station
- 1.9 9. Fuji 5070 – T70 Spray Gun
- 1.10 10. TEKNA 703517 ProLite
- 2 How will you choose the best airless paint sprayer?
- 3 How many Types of Paint Sprayers are there?
- 4 Tips on Using a Paint Sprayer:
Top 10 Airless Paint Sprayer Reviews
1. Graco Magnum 262800 X5 Stand Airless Paint Sprayer
- PAINT SPRAYER FOR COUNTLESS DIY PROJECTS: The HomeRight Super Finish Max paint sprayer offers the ultimate DIYing experience. It’s an easy-to-use electric paint sprayer that’s the perfect step up from the Quick Finish and Finish Max paint sprayers. It’s great for applying a professional-like finish on countless small to large sized DIY projects like fences, decks, furniture, cabinets, dressers and more!
- ADJUSTABLE SETTINGS TO SUIT ANY PROJECT: The paint spray gun features easily adjustable settings to help complete any project. You can adjust the air cap to spray horizontal, vertical, and round. You can also adjust the material flow control knob to quickly increase or decrease the material output to customize your paint flow and project/coating needs
- MORE POWER=SPRAY MORE MATERIALS: The Super Finish Max offers 450 watts of powerful spraying experience, which is great for projects big and small. It can be used to spray a wide variety of paints and stains such as chalk type paint, milk paint, latex paints, enamels, primers, clear sealer, polyurethane, stain and varnish. When you’re done with your project, simply clean the sprayer with water for water based materials or mineral spirits for oil based. The sprayer also comes with a useful cleaning brush to make clean-up quicker
- 3 BRASS SPRAY TIPS INCLUDED FOR GREAT FINISH ON COUNTLESS PROJECTS: This professional quality paint sprayer includes three brass spray tips to suit your project needs. These brass spray tips offer superior performance and precision over plastic counterparts. They provide consistent, high quality spray pattern and offer corrosion and wear resistances. Use the 4.0mm (red) tip for primer and latex paint, 2.0mm (green installed on sprayer) for latex and chalk paint, and 1.5 mm (blue) for stains and sealers.
- U.S. BASED CUSTOMER SERVICE AND 2 YEAR WARRANTY: If you have any questions about your sprayer, please call or chat with our HomeRight U.S based customer service team for quick and efficient assistance. We’re proud of our products, which is why the Super Finish Max is backed by a 2 year warranty
This Graco magnum sprayer is ideal for the interior projects. You can paint the decks, sidings, fences and small house projects. If you paint on a quarterly basis, this sprayer is the best option for you. You can spray more items every year. It gives you the variety of painting ranging from the thick latex to the narrow stains.
- Graco magnum sprayer can adjust the pressure and provides full control on the flow of the paint no matter what the size of the object is.
- It comes with a stainless steel piston pump. It ensures you to paint with the equal thickness at high pressure.
- A flexible suction tube is available so that you can spray directly from the paint bucket.
- Easy cleaning process.
- You can connect up to 75 ft long hose pipe to reach your object.
- RAC IV switch tip protects from clogging.
- SG2 metal spray handle gun protects the tip from debris.
- Easy to start with push prime button.
- It can support up to .015 tip size.
- 125 gallon/year usage is limited.
- A bit expensive compared with others.
2. HomeRight C800879 Power-Flo Pro 2800 Airless Paint Sprayers
- PERFECT FOR LARGE PAINTING PROJECTS: Spray a superior finish on household projects with this airless paint sprayer (home exterior, sheds, fences, garages, decks, etc.)
- SUPERB PERFORMANCE: With an 1/2 HP motor, this airless paint gun delivers 2800 psi to spray unthinned paint
- ULTIMATE CONTROL: Dial in the perfect spray pattern with the pressure control knob for ultimate customization of paint flow
- EASY MANUEVERING: 25 foot long, non-kink hose to easily reach your painting project. Draws paint directly from a 1 or 5 gallon container
- HOUSEHOLD USE ONLY: This is the perfect paint sprayer for a homeowner to accomplish Do-It-Yourself projects without having to hire a professional.Max tip size is .015
This sprayer is basically designed for home usage. It is a lightweight machine which you can carry anywhere with you and it can be easily stored. It will be an easy task for armature sprayer to paint anything with the hose and the gun attached to the machine. HomeRight C800879 does not matter how small or how large the object is. It is the best suited to paint the large projects like the exterior of the house.
- It offers you fast painting, even smooth finish on an uneven surface.
- The spray can cover the entire surface with minimum overspray.
- It gives you stability while spraying with a 2800 PSI, ½ HP Motor with strong legs.
- You can spray up to 24 gallons (.908 liters)/minute including a swivel for spray gun.
- It comes with a 515 spray tip.
- The spray tip is reversible for fast and easy cleaning of the clog.
- It has non-sticking ceramic inlet valve.
- It determines the cup gun line from low boy contractor grade line with the help of the color changing option.
- The weight of this machine is 15 pound (6.804 kg).
- It is an expensive machine.
- Larger in size compared with other home sprayers.
3. Wagner 518080 Control Spray Max HVLP Sprayer
- HVLP PAINT SPRAYER: The Control Spray Max paint sprayer uses high volume, low pressure technology to atomize materials into fine particles and provide a smooth finish
- GREAT FOR ANY PROJECT: Perfect for priming, painting or staining cabinets, door trim, decks, furniture, woodworking projects and more
- USE WITH A WIDE VARIETY OF MATERIALS: Powerful two-stage turbine makes it easy to paint walls and surfaces with latex paints and thinner materials like stains and poly
- ADJUSTABLE SETTINGS: Customize your paint flow by using the pressure control dial and material flow adjuster to receive the perfect finish every time. Turn the air cap to spray round, horizontal, or vertical
- GREAT DESIGN: The stationary base is connected to the spray gun with a 20 ft. hose to easily reach your painting project and reduce hand fatigue. Also includes a 1 ½ qt. cup and professional grade metal 1 qt. cup
With this Wagner Control Spray Max, you can paint a variety of stuff with different types of paint including primers, lacquers and stains. You can use this sprayer on woodworks, trimming a door and paint decks, prime and paint a cabinet or to stain furniture to obtain the best result. Also, you can use it for other painting purposes.
- It is an ideal choice to paint those areas which are tough to reach.
- It comes with a professionally designed metal cup for a minute finish.
- This machine has a variable flow trigger which offers you the spray patterns varying from 1inch – 10 inch.
- This sprayer is consists of powerful two stage turbine which can spray latex, as well as thinner materials like lacquers and stains.
- It gives you a 20 ft extended and flexible hose pipe so you can reach everywhere and there.
- You can personalize your paint with 3 types of spray patterns. Check on a test object to select the best one for your job.
- This machine has variable flow control power. So you can cover the large object as well as the little ones for the detailed works.
- It may be difficult to use for the beginners because of its different settings.
4. Krause & Becker 5/8 HP 3000 PSI Airless Paint Sprayer Kit
- CONTROL PAINT FLOW: Fully adjustable pressure to give you ultimate control of paint flow for any project size; RAC IV Switch Tip allows you to reverse the tip when clogged to keep you spraying
- SPRAY PAINT UNTHINNED: Stainless Steel Piston Pump allows you to spray paint unthinned at high pressure. Compatible Tip Size (inch)- 0.009, 0.011, 0.013, 0.015
- SPRAY DIRECTLY FROM PAINT BUCKET: Flexible suction tube allows you to spray directly from a 1 or 5 gallon paint bucket
- RECOMMENDED USE: Annual use recommendation is up to 50 gallons per year
- EASY TO STORE: Extra storage compartments provide space to store the spray gun, extra spray tips, and power cord
You can paint the exterior walls of your home, decks and garage. Also some interior works like paint the ceiling, doors and frames and many other areas like this.
You can give a perfect finish to all of these. The motor is very powerful with 120 volts, 60 Hz, 5/8 horsepower specification.
- It offers you a 3000 psi high-pressure piston pump for a better coverage.
- You can control the pressure with the easy twist knob.
- If you paint on a stainless-steel object, the cleaning process is very easy and it will not capture rust.
- It is a lightweight machine for easy clutch.
- Variable air pressure protects from over spraying on thin objects.
- It comes with a durable spray gun with trigger-lock and built in filter. This feature makes this machine easy for cleaning and flushing.
- It has no. 517 nozzle for 12”-16” fan width.
- You also can attach a roller accessory with this machine.
- It may take a longer booting time.
- You cannot personalize the types of paint it offers.
5. Fuji 2202 Semi-PRO 2 HVLP Spray System
- Professional non-bleed Spray Gun with Adjustable Pattern Fan Control
- 1 3mm Air cap set installed
- 1Qt Bottom Feed Cup
- Metal Turbine case with handy gun holder
- 25ft Hose includes air control valve to reduce overspray and bounce back
Fuji has introduced this spray system with lots of upgraded specification which you never able to get in any other product at this cost. It is basically designed for the serious and expert users. It includes a 2-stage version system which can handle any type of painting from primers to coating. In the case of HVLP system, it mainly features low wattage motors which may be underpowered for most of the spray jobs.
- This machine comes with a professional non-bleed spray gun.
- Adjustable pattern fan control is also available on this machine.
- A 1.3mm air cap set in already installed in it.
- You will get 1 Qt. bottom feed cup.
- The turbine is kept inside a metal turbine case with easy handling gun holder.
- It provides you a 25 ft long and flexible hose pipe to reach all the difficult corners of your object.
- This hose pipe comes with an air control valve which has the ability to reduce the percentage of overspray during painting job and controls the bounce back symptom.
- Since it is designed for the serious painters, armature painters may face difficulties while using this Fuji Semi-Pro.
6. Graco Magnum 261815 ProX7 Hi-Boy Cart Airless Paint Sprayer
- CONTROL PAINT FLOW: Fully adjustable pressure to give you ultimate control of paint flow for any project size
- SPRAY PAINT UNTHINNED: Stainless Steel Piston Pump allows you to spray paint unthinned at high pressure
- SPRAY DIRECTLY FROM PAINT BUCKET: Flexible suction tube allows you to spray directly from a 1 or 5 gallon paint bucket
- FAST AND EASY CLEAN-UP: Power Flush Adapter connects to a garden hose for fast and easy cleaning
- IDEAL FOR INDOOR AND OUTDOOR PROJECTS: Can support up to 75 ft. of paint hose giving you extra reach for your projects
This medium-duty airless paint sprayer has introduced by Graco mainly for the serious self-painters. It can be used by the remodelers, property owners and for maintenance personnel. A regular painting, for example, monthly basis painting is best done by this sprayer. It is ideal for interior and exterior both. Start painting your house, barns, fences and decks.
- You will receive the maximum delivery rating 0.34 gallons/minute.
- The powerful motor can pump directly from the 1-5 gallons paint bucket.
- It provides you the maximum operating pressure: 3000 psi.
- This machine supports the maximum tip size 0.017 inch.
- The motor is of ¾ horsepower which can be operated by using the household current.
- You will get a 150 feet long spray hose which no one can offer you. Large exterior walls will be easy to paint with this hose.
- A spray gun including SG3.
- Different types of painting style are available with this Graco magnum Hi-Boy Cart Airless Paint Sprayer.
- It is fully assembled and ready to use.
- Since it is designed for serious regular painters, beginners may find it a little bit difficult to use.
- It may cost a bit higher.
7. Titan 0516013 XT330 Airless Sprayer
- AIRLESS PAINT SPRAYER: The ControlMax 1900 Pro is designed for serious DIYers and handymen, making it easier to paint like a pro. Perfect for painting big projects like home exteriors, fences, decks, garages and more
- HIGH EFFICIENCY AIRLESS TECHNOLOGY: This paint sprayer features HEA technology that decreases overspray by up to 55% while delivering softer spray, improving control and providing a more-consistent finish
- HOW IS IT DIFFERENT? This ControlMax sprayer has a max operating pressure of 1600 PSI, can spray up to 500 gallons per year, features an all-metal gun, and utilizes a 50 ft. hose (can be extended up to 100 ft. for longer reach)
- VARIABLE SPEED PUMP: Has a 0.70 horsepower pump that can spray unthinned paints and stains up to 0.40 gallons per minute, ensuring great productivity
- FULLY PORTABLE CART DESIGN: Designed for maximum portability by having wheels and a 50 ft. hose so you can easily move around large projects and reach tall areas while on a ladder
You can paint the exterior walls of your home, fence, garage, deck and barns with the help of this Titan airless sprayer.
It gives a professional finish to the painting job no matter who has performed this. A hobbyist can achieve a premium type of painting.
- It is designed for the exterior usage mainly.
- This Titan airless sprayer is developed with the greatest innovative ideas.
- It has a powerful ¾ horsepower motor. It can pump the paint up to 3000 psi.
- You will get an assured top flow rate 0.33 gallons/minute.
- This Titan airless sprayer can cover up a large area with an incredible speed.
- It can work with 1-5 gallons bucket with the flexible intake tube and also includes filters to prevent the clog.
- A 25-50 feet long flexible hose pipe will serve you the difficult corners of your painting object.
- A professionally upgraded paint gun is included with this sprayer with the largest tip size 0.019 inch.
- You can paint according to your need from the thick latex paints to the narrow spray patterns.
- It is an expensive model compared to the others.
8. Earlex HV5500 Spray Station
- SEMI-PRO PAINT SPRAYER: The Earlex Spray Station 5500 is designed for serious woodworking, light contractor and automotive enthusiasts. Ideal for use in the workshop, around the home or on the job site
- ACHIEVE THE PERFECT FINISH: The professional metal spray gun and 650 watt turbine provide a superior finish on small to medium sized jobs such as doors, cabinets, spindles, decks, furniture, cars and more
- ADJUSTABLE SETTINGS: This HVLP paint spraying unit features a flow control dial and a fast push-and-click spray pattern changing system to change your pattern to round, horizontal, or vertical
- USE WITH A VARIETY OF MATERIALS: Use the 5500 with many different oil-based and water-based materials including: thinned latex, stains, lacquers, varnishes, sealers, oils, urethanes, shellacs, acrylics and enamels
- BRING IT ANYWHERE: Sprayer features on-board storage for the pro spray gun, 13 ft. hose and 5.5 ft. cord. Includes a carry handle for easy portability as you move around your project
This spray station is designed especially for the light contractor, serious painters and automotive enthusiasts. It is ideal for use in both residential and job sites. If you want to achieve the showroom finish on your furniture, cabinets and cars, go for it. All of the small and medium sized objects like doors, shutters etc, can be painted with this spray tool.
- It is a modern designed compact model and is very lightweight.
- This Earlex spray station includes a professional spray gun with 2.0 mm stainless steel tip.
- You can customize your spray pattern with the push-n-click button.
- A 2.0 mm needle is included with this sprayer.
- It has HVLP painting unit.
- It has a 13 feet long hose pipe and a 5.5 feet long power cord.
- A handle makes it easy to carry out anywhere.
- 1 qt. PTEE paint pot is included with a fast release lever.
- You can paint with different types of materials like thinned latex, varnishes, shellacs, oils, stains, urethanes, enamels, sealers, glazes etc.
- The short length of the hose pipe may be difficult to reach some of the difficult corners of your painting object.
9. Fuji 5070 – T70 Spray Gun
- Professional Spray Gun features convenient side pattern control knob to adjust size of fan pattern from small to large
- Non-Bleed Spray Gun for less blowing around of shop dust
- New sleek lightweight design
- High-Efficiency Air cap installed for even less overspray and superb atomization
- 100% stainless steel fluid components, ergonomic stay cool handle
This Fuji spray gun has a modern design. You can adjust your spray according to the size of the object. It can be used by the unprofessional people also. The easy pull trigger can decrease the fatigue level of the user. You can use this spray gun for your medium and large sized objects like furniture, cabinets etc.
- This Fuji spray gun comes with a spray gun which has a suitable side outlined control knob. You can adjust the size of the fan pattern according to your requirement.
- The spray gun is non-bleed which helps for less blowing off dust.
- It has a modern sleek design and is very lightweight.
- A high-efficiency air cap is installed for superb atomization and to minimize the overspray.
- It comes with the 100% stainless liquid components and an ergonomics handle.
- This spray gun provides the full control over the painting.
- It comes with a 25 feet long flexible and easy connecting hose. You can paint every inch of your furniture and will be able to obtain a showroom finish.
- This spray gun has an air valve installed in it. So, you can make an even painted surface.
- The length of the spraying hose is not too sufficient for the large objects.
10. TEKNA 703517 ProLite
- The included DeKups Adapter makes this gun DeKups Ready
- Optimized performance in climates varying from hot and humid to clean and dry
- Three air caps developed using advanced fluid dynamics technology for excellent atomization
- Packaged as a solution with multiple components
- Excellent for solvent-based coatings and a must for waterborne
It is an advanced sprayer. Give an exciting look to your large weekend projects with this TEKNA 703517 Prolite spray kit. You can start your painting with this gun on the exterior and interior both.
- This modernly designed spray gun includes DeKups Adapter. This feature makes it DeKup ready.
- TEKNA 703517 is a compact lightweight spray.
- TEKNA 703517 has the most dominant 2-stage system available in the market.
- It can optimize its performance according to the variation of the climate from humid to hot. It will make itself dry and clean respectively.
- There are 3 air caps are present which are been developed using the advanced level fluid dynamics technology. Thus it provides an excellent atomization.
- This spray gun is packaged as a solution with multiple components.
- This gun gives the best result for the solvent-based coating.
- You must use this Prolite gun for the waterborne.
- It has high-transfer efficiency for material savings.
- This spray gun is a bit expensive. So, the beginners may hesitate to use this.
How will you choose the best airless paint sprayer?
While choosing the best sprayer you must consider the basic factors like which surface it will be applied on, what type of paint it is. You also have to think about the power of the sprayer and the capacity of it. You should not take the final decision on the basis of price alone. A low priced model can cost you time, effort and maintenance. Following are the basic factors should be considered to choose the best sprayer.
You should consider the power of the sprayer. If you are using a heavy paint, more horsepower is needed. If a rapid finish is the priority, you should consider the speed of the sprayer. A model with upgraded horsepower will assure you fast and smooth finish.
A quick finish of painting depends on the refill frequency. More frequent you are refilling your sprayer, more time it will take to be accomplished. Some of the models offer fewer refill times. Generally, small and lightweight sprayer needs a frequent refill. A medium sized sprayer is the best for storage and handling during painting.
Different types of spray tips can be used into the hole of the spray gun. These spray tips depend on the paint quality and the surface it will be used on. A more powerful sprayer will be able to spray more effectively with a perfect spray tip.
Cost is a necessary factor to choose the best airless spray paint sprayer. A sprayer may be inexpensive, but it will be troublesome in other ways. These types do not last long and prone to clog easier. So, you must not choose your sprayer just on the basis of cost. An expensive machine may cost higher at the first time, but it will serve you for a long time.
How many Types of Paint Sprayers are there?
There are different types of airless paint sprayers. A paint contractor who needs to spray gallons of paints daily needs various types of machines. It depends on the necessity and comfort. You may choose a small handyman or when doing a small work. Also, you may require a large one for the commercial purpose. Let’s check on the available types of airless paint sprayers. Basically, the airless paint sprayers can be classified depending on the pump type. The pump is the most important part of the sprayer. They are:
This type of pump can tighten the pressure when spraying at both high and low pressure. It provides a higher free-flow rate. This rate is essential for high volume fluid transfer for the textured application. It is normally inexpensive compared to the other types.
Also Read – Best MIG Welder Reviews And Buying Guide
But this type of pump has some disadvantages also. Once started the pump runs constantly. It allows air to pass into the paint which can cause an uneven painting. It has to be maintained daily. All of the removable parts should be cleaned properly on regular basis. So, the maintenance cost is higher than the others. The hydraulic liquid can mix with the paint inside.
It is a great machine for professional usage. There are two types of piston pumps, one is double stroke and another is a single stroke. It can produce a higher pressure with the common tip sizes. The atomization level of paint is better and it results in lower spitting. A long hose pipe can be used for it. It takes lower booting time compared to the diaphragm pump. It runs only when it is required.
Also, a good positive advantage is that this piston pump has easy maintenance. You can easily repair it. So, the maintenance cost is lower whereas the initial price is a bit expensive. You may face some difficulties while spraying at a lower pressure. Sometimes fluctuation of pressure may occur during this type of function.
Tips on Using a Paint Sprayer:
Follow these essential tips while painting using an airless spray painter. Let’s discuss those.
- Read out the instruction manual. You will learn many of the minute things including how far you have to hold the spray pipe, the accurate temperature of application etc.
- Don’t fix your spray pipe at one particular point. You need to sweep it horizontally and vertically respectively. If you are moving from left to the right, try to carry out the same for the entire work.
- You need to use a big drop cloth which provides a number of milieu for the user to move the spray pipe past the item.
- You should place the object higher from the floor. It may be set up on a workbench or other platform similar to that. Placing the object directly on the floor is simply not recommended. You will not get the full access to sweep the pipe off. Also, you have to hunch over the object which may be a bit difficult for you.
- Make your hosepipe handy for yourself. Thus you will be able to get a better result with a smooth finish. It also finishes your job earlier.
- For the small objects try to rotate it. Place your object on a base and apply a rotating technique. If you can spray it from different angles, a smooth and quick finish will be possible.
- If you are a newbie, try first on a scrap piece of plywood. You will have a clear idea of the texture of the painting. An expert painter can personalize these features according to him or her.
- Try wet coating to achieve a smooth and flawless paint. First, spray a light coat on the object.
Last update on 2020-09-19 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API