Best Camping Stove Reviews is the most exciting and entertaining experience. One can camp in forests, riverside or beach side and have good time amidst natural beauty alongside family and friends. Wherever you go, you need food! You have the option either to carry cooked food or cook the food right at the spot. It is a good idea to cook at the camp place as it adds more taste and fun to the picnic. You can enjoy fresh, homely, healthy and tasty food on a long day picnic.
There are various types of camping stoves available in the market, like only to boil water, cook or grill or both, depending upon the requirement one can select from the available options. These camping stoves can also be used for cooking outdoor in the backyards or lawn adding spice to the occasion. Choose the best camping stove that suits the occasion, ideally the camping stove should be light in weight and should be provided with a handle which makes it easy to carry.
Enjoy healthy eating and camping fun!
- 1 Best Camping Stove Reviews 2021
- 1.1 1. Camp Chef Explorer 2 Burner Range
- 1.2 2. Coleman Classic Propane Stove
- 1.3 3. Camp Chef Everest High Output 2 Burner Stove
- 1.4 4. Coleman Triton Series 2-Burner Stove
- 1.5 5. Stansport High Output Propane Stove
- 1.6 6. Coleman Perfect Flow Grill Stove
- 1.7 7. Masterbuilt 20020413 Dual Burner Propane Camp Stove
- 1.8 8. EUREKA Spire LX Camp Stove
- 1.9 9. Primus FireHole 100 Propane Stove
- 1.10 10. Koblenz PFK-400 Victoria 4-Burner Gas Stove
- 2 How to Choose a Camping Stove
Best Camping Stove Reviews 2021
1. Camp Chef Explorer 2 Burner Range
Whether you’re delighting in mother earth’s finest sights or getting ready for the big game at the tailgate celebration, you ought to never be robbed of classy food. Camp Chef’s rugged 2 heater Explorer stove offers you the capability to prepare anything from bacon and also eggs to grilled salmon and even Dutch stove dinners all on one stove. This is the go anywhere, do anything sort of gas stove.
Being just one of Camp Chef’s 14″ cooking systems, the Explorer is really flexible and can be outfitted with various Camp Chef devices, from the Professional Grill Box to the Italia Artisan Pizza Oven. Because of its mobility and also can give for 15 hrs of cooking time on one 20 pound lp storage tank (not included), this is additionally the best stove for emergency readiness.
Why Camp Chef?
The Camp Chef Explorer 2 Burner Stove is there for you whether you’re cooking outdoors or need to fix a dish in an emergency. If you need to, Power disasters and blackouts can strike yet with the Explorer 2 Burner Stove you will certainly be safe and secure in recognizing you can cook things up. This oven is a real outside home appliance with strong efficiency capabilities. It has a 3-Sided Windscreen to secure several of the breezes coming your way and also just one twenty-pound container will certainly maintain your range going with 15 hours. Formulate a dish for you and also some pals or family and also delight in the outdoors with a Camp Chef Explorer 2 Burner Stove.
– Two 30,000 BTU cast-aluminum burners give you the power to cook whatever is on your menu
– Three sided windscreen helps protect flame from wind
– Fully adjustable heat-control dials give you more control over heat
– Removable/Adjustable legs for storage/portability and setup on uneven ground
– Durable, rugged design built to last
– Regulator and 3 ft. hose included for use with a bulk propane tank
– Out of the box ready to cook in seconds
– Emergency preparedness recommended
– Cooking Dimensions: 14″ x 32″
– Cooking Area: 448 sq. in.
– Cooking Height: 29″
– Total Output: 60,000 BTU
– Weight: 36 lbs.
- The chef stove has knobs similar to that of household appliance which helps in easy adjustment of heat.
- Removable and adjustable legs which helps in easy setup
- Proposition 65 Warning for California Consumers.
- The stove contains chemicals which are oncogenic, cause birth defects, and or reproductive harms.
- It is heavy weight, which makes it difficult to shift.
2. Coleman Classic Propane Stove
The Coleman Classic Propane Stove offers two burners which provide cooking space of 12 inch and 10 inch pan at a time. The space is again adjustable by the side windows which can have bigger pots or pans. The side windows avoid excessive wind providing the heat to the pan or pot. As informed there are two independent burners which go up to 10,000 BTU. The flames of which are independently adjustable. It can boil water in less than 5 minutes.PerfectFlow stove provide heat without flaring or flickering. The propane stoves are perfect for any outdoor cooking. Dimensions (23.25”X 5.5” X 14.75”)
A rotating dial lets you control burners for precise temperature control.
It facilitates a more complete fuel combustion process, delivering more effective cooking heat to your food with less fuel.
Instastart Matchless Ignition
Matchless ignition technology uses an electric spark to light burners with the push of a button so there’s no need to pack matches or a lighter.
PerfectFlow Pressure Control
Pressure control technology keeps the heat steady for consistent performance, even in cold weather, high altitudes, or when fuel is low.
WindBlock Side Panels
Side panels shield burners from wind, can be adjusted to fit larger pans, and fold down for use as side tables on calmer days.
- Offers space for two pots which can be cooked simultaneously
- Adjustable windows to accommodate larger pots or sum-up heat
- Removable chrome plated grate for easy washing.
- PerfectFlow fuel can be seen even in winter, or when fuel is less.
- Can be used only for small gatherings not for big occasions
- Propane stoves are not for indoor use
3. Camp Chef Everest High Output 2 Burner Stove
Food is one of the great things about camping. When you’re camping with the Outdoor Camp Oven you can prepare delicious homemade meals without leaving the campsite. This oven unlocks all the cooking capabilities of a home oven and range. Designed to be both portable and versatile, the Outdoor Camp Oven will provide you with the heat necessary to cook anything from a breakfast skillet to your favorite baked bread and cookies. The oven can reach temperatures up to 400° F and will easily fit a 9 x 13 pan so you can carry out all of your baking needs. Fueled by a 1 pound propane bottle, this oven will hold a temperature of up 350° F for up to 7 hours making it great for emergency preparedness.
- Two 7,500 BTU brass range burners
- Oven power: 3,000 BTU (up to 400ºF)
- Fully adjustable heat-control dials
- Matchless ignition
- Built-in oven heat gauge
- Removable oven racks
- Nonstick enamel cooking surface
- Stainless steel construction
- The insulated, efficient oven box
- The folding lid provides a three-sided windscreen
- Oven fits 9 x 13-inch pan inside
- Convenient carry handles
- Powered with 1lb propane can or adapt for bulk tank
- Light weight
- Easy to carry
- Efficient cooking with high heat
- ts pros can be its cons also
- Its small in size can be used only for cooking food for few people.
- Propane stoves are not for indoor use
4. Coleman Triton Series 2-Burner Stove
Triton Series 2-Burner Stove is addition to the series of Propane camping stoves of Coleman range. This stove can cook meals for you anytime. As the name says it is a 2 burner stove, each burner provides steady heat of 11,000 BTU. Temperature of each burner can be handled independently can be used to simmer or boil. It is provided with Windblock shields which can help in using pots or utensils of various sizes and also getting steady heat. The nickel-chrome grates are detachable which makes it easy to clean. The burner has a run time of 1 hour when use 16.4 oz propane cylinder.
- Steady heat flow
- Steady temperatures
- Easy to handle
- Easy to clean
- Adjustable Windshields allow use of utensils of different sizes (up to 12” and 10”)
- It is a small stove
- Propane stoves are not for indoor use
5. Stansport High Output Propane Stove
The stove is only for outdoor use ie. go camping, tailgating or any outdoor activity carry Stansport High Output Propane Stove with PiezoIgniter. It has two burners of size 3.25 inch, with high performance 12,000 BTU. Burners are provided with high altitude pressure regulator. The stove is easy to pack and carry. Stove can be attached to a 16.4-ounce propane cylinder, which is sold separately. You can have your own designer stove with different color options and also with the accessories of pot, pan rack or drip pan. Dimensions (18.5 x 12.8 x 3.5”)
- Burner and base separate from propane bottle for compact, easy carrying
- Adjustable burner gives you precise temperature control
- Wind baffles help protect your burner from wind for maximum heat
- Large stable base makes stirring easy
- Lasts up to 2.5 hours on high on one 16.4-oz propane cylinder (sold separately)
- Perfect for backpacking, hunting, camping and other outdoor occasions
- Compact and small easy design
- Light weight
- Don’t have to worry about match sticks to lighten the stove
- Available in different colors, black stove is widely accepted one
- It cannot be used for indoors
6. Coleman Perfect Flow Grill Stove
This product is another in the basket of Coleman with its Wind Block™ technology, PerfectFlow™ technology and PerfectHeat™ technology, with a twist. This stove provides the option of cooking and grilling. The burners are independently adjustable to desired heat with a total BTU of 20,000. The tsove has a grill area if 130 Sq. Inches. It is provided with detachable tray to remove grease. There is no fear of slippage as the feet are rough (non-skid).
Cooktop is rust resistance and is made of aluminised steel. The burners work independently giving the desired temperature at each burner. The cylinder can work for 2 hours at 16.4-oz propane cylinder at high (cylinder is sold separately). The stove can be easily cleaned as it is provided with detachable aluminium grill grate and also nickel chrome grate. The grease can be removed with the Removable die-cast aluminum grill grate and nickel-chrome stove grate for easy clean-up. Dimension 96.5 x 15.5 x 23.75 inches.
- Cleansing is easy with aluminised steel cooktop.
- It is rust resistant
- The look of cooktop may look bad because of weld spots.
- It is due to manufacture not because of any defect.
7. Masterbuilt 20020413 Dual Burner Propane Camp Stove
Dual Burner Propane Camp Stove as the name says has two aluminium burners. These burners can be individually controlled. The stove can be ignited with a simple push button. The burner temperature can be controlled same like that of an oven. The stove has 4 detachable legs which helps it placing it wherever you want. Flame can be controlled with the help of type 1 regulator and the hose. The stove is coated with black powder which prevents rust on the stove.
- Propane double heater for outside food preparation geared up with two heater heads, Each exuding 75, 000 BTU (for an overall of 150, 000 BTU), gas one’s dual heater supplies severe warmth for various food preparation circumstances. From Tailgating to wedding catering, this heater stands out for those searching for a little extra range in their warm
- Sturdy construction stove developed durable and also designed to last, the B-5000 demonstrates the needed mix of power and also control. In addition to its rugged body, The double burner includes removable legs to make portability convenient and also very easy to separate
- Flexible 0-20 psi regulator with Steel entwined pipe durable as well as dependably resilient, the B-5000 comes with an adjustable high pressure 0-20 psi Steel braided regulatory authority that enables a secure source of gas flow
- Specific warm dial per heater The portable burner is supplied with two specific heat dials to control each specific flame. From simmering meat to boiling water, readjust the burners fire to Meet your exact demand
- Excellent quality Regulator – the double burner regulatory authority makes certain a safe food preparation experience by keeping an eye on the lp gas circulation and also refusing additional leak when interior or external problems are discovered
- Easy assemble
- Can be cooked on tabletop surface
- Burner controls as in oven
- It is heavier than other standard models.
8. EUREKA Spire LX Camp Stove
This lighter weight stove is excellent choice for outdoor cooking; the compact and elegant design of the stove makes it more desirable. It is provided with wind shields which help in getting constant heat without flaring and flickering. The multiple stoves form a larger surface area which helps in cooking. It has a jetlink accessory port which provides more heat. This stove is automatic doesn’t require a matchstick. The stove can be adjusted to desired temperatures. Dimension (6 x 14 x 23 inches)
- Light weight
- Wind shields
- Cook for more number of people
- Larger grill plate
- Propane stoves can be used only outside
9. Primus FireHole 100 Propane Stove
FireHole 100 Propane Stove is your excellent camping cooking partner. It is provided with two burners’ which gives power of 12,000 BTU each. The stove comes up with stainless steel grates which give it heavy built to put pots and pans. It is available with wind screens, which apart from shielding also acts as preparation area. Dimension: 15 x 4.9 x 19.9 inches.
Premium Quality Steel Construction
Sturdy, premium quality steel building with safety powder finishing & enamel surface for trustworthy durability. This travel size Firebowl is portable and light-weight– quickly established in mins with no tools required.
Features premium stainless-steel heater as well as bolts, with an output of 58,000 BTU/HR (for usage with a basic 20 lb/5-gallon propane storage tank). This Firebowl is secure to make use of throughout most campfire bans.
Chrome Valve Knob
Sensational chrome valve handle provides quickly adjustable flame elevation. Control the setting to perfectly deal with your company.
Natural Lava Rocks
This Firebowl features a 4.4 lb natural lava rock collection, developed to enhance the flickering result of your fire. Additionally consists of an lp tank stabilizer ring as well as a pre-attached 10′ tube with a regulator to keep your propane tank (not consisted of) securely hidden.
- It is provided with outdoor cooking Accessory
- Good handle, easy to carry
- Uses 1 lb. propane canisters
- Can be used only for outdoors
10. Koblenz PFK-400 Victoria 4-Burner Gas Stove
As the name says it is a big stove with 4 burners. It is stove of choice for camping, tailgating, hunting. Each burner has a power of 16,000 BTU power. Each stove can be individually adjusted to desired temperature. One burner can be used to boil water and other can be used at simmer. The fuel is long lasting one. The stove is covered with Porcelain cover which protects burners.
- 16, 000 total BTUs in four high-performance burners
- Fully adjustable flame control for burner efficiency and optimal product life
- Includes a Porcelain cover which shields for maximum protection
- Manually ignited with a standard canister of LP Gas (no power needed)
- Measures 20. 08 x 24. 6 x 5. 12 (LWH)
- It boils water in minutes
- Can be used to cook for a larger gathering
- It is to be ignited manually
How to Choose a Camping Stove
Now, how to choose the best camping stove? There are many things which are to be considered before buying the stove which can vary in many parameters such as size, weight, number of burners, and type of fuel consumed etc. Like any other product,stoves should also be of good quality (strong built-up) with reasonable and affordable price.
The first and foremost thing before we start cooking is assembling of the stove parts. The stove should be easy to assemble and properly fitted before you startcooking. The stoves can be table top stoves or stoves with detachable legs. The detachable ones seem to be more convenient as the stove can be placed in any sturdy area.
The stoves are often provided with handles which makes it easy to carry the stove. Stove weight also plays an important role. Carrying a light weight stove will ease the pain of carrying. This is especially useful when we do camping in forest and or when we have to walk on foot.
Check out the size of your gathering and accordingly look for a two stove or four stove burners. Two stove burners are the most desirable ones as they are easy to carry and smaller when compared to four stove burners. Number of burners always adds the advantage of cooking more than one type of recipe or cooking different parts of same recipe in shorter span of time.
Performance of Burners
Burners with different BTU power are available ranging from 10,000 BTU to 16,000 BTU. These burners provide steady heat to the cooking vessels; each burner canbe set to the desired temperature level without effecting the other burner temperature. Some of the stove manufacturers have developed patented technologies to have steady flow and heat. One such manufacturer is Coleman; the manufacturer goes with PerfectFlow™ and PerfectHeat™ technologies.
Also Read – Best Camping Cot Reviews
These technologies help in providing even flow of heat from the burner even in extreme weather conditions and also go with the caption “less fuel more heat”. PerfectHeat™ provides an added advantage of saving fuel and the burners can give a run of one hour or more.Sometimes these burners can form a larger surface area to grill,which makes grilling easier and faster also. Burners should be of good quality providing steady flow of heat without flickering and flaring, which helps in easy cooking without accidents. Some of the burners are covered with porcelain which protects burners.
Many of the stoves are provided with wind shield which prevents air from messing with the fire. At times these shields act as magnetic cover providing desired cooking area. The windshields can also be adjustable to provide larger (pot) cooking area on each stove.
The stove body is usually made up of stainless steel and will have a strong built up. The strong built up is to allow usage of heavy cast iron pots and pans. Some of the stoves are covered with the alloys which help in easy cleansing. And also the stove body becomes rust resistant. Black powder is often sprayed on the body of stove to make it rust resistant or alloy coating is done to avoid rusting. This also makes cleaning a good experience. After all cleaning is very important for an individual’s health especially of the cooking stove and utensils. Stoves are often provided with the chrome plated grates which are detachable and can be cleaned.
The ignition system can be automatic or can be with the help of match sticks. Mostly people prefer automatic ignition system. Some of the stoves are provided even with the recessed buttons which helps in easy storage and ignition.
Some stoves can be multipurpose; can be used both for both cooking and grilling.
Please check if the stove is provided with the accessories such as grill boxes, iron grills etc.
If you are a person who go by looks, these stoves are available in different colours, and you can select the best one
Don’t forget to buy and carry a propane or LPG cylinder!
Reasons to Purchase a Camping Stove
Fresh Food: You can cook food whenever and wherever you want. When on long journeys people get tired and good food will provide energy and retain enthusiasm in the trip. Empty stomach can’t let you have the fun!
Healthy: It is always healthy to have fresh food rather than stored food. Food poisoning can happen and if you are outstation reaching medical help will be a big deal!
Entertaining: It brings bonding between family and friends to cook together and eat.
What are the different types of stoves available?
Solid Fuel Stoves
These kinds of stoves are usually foldable boxes, stands or cubes which use woody materials or cubes as the fuel material. The main advantage of this type of stove is that the fuel material is cheap and produces sufficient heat. But unlike the modern stoves they are difficult to ignite and also to turn them off.
Unpressurized Liquid Stoves
These kinds of stove use kerosene, ethanol, methanol or some kind of alcohol as the fuel. As with the solid fuel stoves, this fuel is also less expensive. The main disadvantage of the stove is that its heat is slow. The fuel is heavy and may spill out making it difficult to carry. But it is always a good option to carry it.
Pressurized Liquid Stoves
These stoves are modern compared to the above two stoves. These stoves contain pressurised liquid as the fuel. This fuel provides better heat as it contains gasoline and aviation fuel. It is being carried by mountaineers since decades as the reliable source of fuel.
Pressurized Gas Stoves
These stoves are the most advance and widely used when camping or going on out station or outdoor cooking. These stoves use propane, butane or blended fuels as the fuel to fire. Pressurized gas stoves stoves are easy to lighten up and turn them off. Provide good heat, water can boil in minutes, cooking can be done faster. It has many advantages. They are light in weight, easy to carry. They will be on higher side of budget when compared to the above mentioned other fuels but is the most convenient one. Propane stoves are to be used only for the outdoor cooking.By now, it is clear that pressurised gas stoves will be the best option fuel for cooking stove for the next outdoor activity. Don’t forget to carry an extra canister while going as it may be difficult to procure in emergency, especially if you are away in the forest.
Last update on 2021-09-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API