A tankless water heater enables the heating of water without a storage tank. An electric element is used to heat-up the water in an electric tankless water heater. The best feature about a tankless water heater is the fact that you don’t need to wait for a long time to get hot water.
It is an efficient method of heating water. The initial cost is usually higher than the traditional water heaters but a tankless water heater does lasts longer. Their parts can be easily replaced. This increases their life to a maximum extent. Therefore, it is essential to find the Best electric tankless water heater for your place.
- 1 Electric Tankless Water Heater Buying Guide
- 1.1 1. Stiebel Eltron Tempra Plus 24 kW
- 1.2 2. EcoSmart ECO 27 Electric Tankless Water Heater
- 1.3 3. Ecosmart ECO 36 36kw 240V Electric Tankless Water Heater
- 1.4 4. Bosch Tronic 3000 T 2.5-Gallon Electric Mini-Tank Water Heater
- 1.5 5. Stiebel Eltron Tempra Plus 29 kW
- 1.6 6. Ariston GL4S Electric Mini-Tank Water Heater
- 1.7 7. Rheem RTE 13 Electric Tankless Water Heater
- 1.8 8. SioGreen IR6000 Infrared Electric Hot Tankless Water
- 1.9 9. Marey ECO110 220V Self-Modulating 11 kW
- 1.10 10. Atmor 18kW / 240V Electric Tankless Water Heater
- 1.11 Electric vs. Gas tankless water heater
- 1.12 Types of tankless water heater
Electric Tankless Water Heater Buying Guide
When it comes to places with colder climates, an immediate supply of hot water goes a long way. When you have been using a water heater for quite a long time, it is necessary for you to get a new one. Water heating accounts for around 20% of the energy costs of a house. So, it is necessary that you select a heater that saves your money in the long run.
Electric tankless water heaters are easier to install, maintain and have a higher usage span than that of conventional water heaters available in the market. You need to determine the rise in temperature and the flow rate of a water heater. They are also an eco-friendly alternative. Take a look at some crucial factors that you need to consider while buying an electric tankless water heater for the first time.
Size – You have to figure out the number of appliances and devices you need to run along with their flow rates. This will help you know the exact size and flow rate of the electric tankless water heater you need to purchase. Do you need to run two showers at the same time? Do you also want the hot water coming from the sink? Different purposes- different sizes!
Related – Best Faucet Water Filter Reviews
Rise in temperature – The output temperature you desire minus the incoming temperature will provide you with the required temperature rise.
Display – A digital display helps to customize and monitor various controls in a better way. They can show you pressure readings, temperature setting, and few more important information.
Warranty – Select an electric tankless water heater with the longest possible warranty. A warranty for a longer duration is always beneficial in the long run. After all, it is always better to go the extra mile!
1. Stiebel Eltron Tempra Plus 24 kW
Stiebel Eltron Tempra Plus tankless electric water heater has a powerful technology that modulates itself. It can be utilized for multiple applications and is a replacement to the conventional tank water heaters. This heater supports residential water heating. It is 99% efficient thus it saves 15-20% on electricity bills compared to an electric water heater containing a tank.
This Tempra Plus model features advanced flow control that gives consistent hot water. It provides 7 years warranty against leakage and 3 years warranty for parts. See the warranty catalog for details. Its thermostatic control ranges from 86°F-140°F. Its control is self-modulating that saves energy. This heater requires a voltage of 240 or 208-Volt and has a digital display that is easy to read.
- Stiebel Eltron Tempra Plus provides an endless hot water supply.
- It occupies less space than the conventional heaters.
- The heater helps in cutting down your electricity bill.
- It is easy to install and use.
- Its components are made up of corrosion-resistant materials.
- The warranty period is short.
2. EcoSmart ECO 27 Electric Tankless Water Heater
The EcoSmart ECO 27 Electric Tankless Water Heater is an energy-saving model suitable for any household. It has a self-Modulating Technology and digital Temperature Control that can heat 3 gallons of water. The heater also saves around 50% on costs of water heating. The compact design saves a lot of space.
Also read – Best Rain Shower Head Reviews
Electrical requirements: 240 volts, 27 kW, Single phase, maximum 112.5 power draw in Amps, 3 x 40 breakers, 3 x 8 AWG wire.
- It heats the water evenly and assures you that it will deliver the water at a perfect temperature you require.
- Installation is a little complicated, but once it is done, the unit is super easy to operate.
- A lifetime warranty covers the parts.
- Once the installation is done, you won’t need to hire professionals for maintenance and cleaning and as you can easily do it yourself.
- It helps in saving up a lot of space as the design is not bulky.
- There is definitely some amount of delay before the hot water dispenses.
- This product does not include a warranty on labor and they may even not honor the warranty on parts if you install it yourself.
3. Ecosmart ECO 36 36kw 240V Electric Tankless Water Heater
ECO 36 is developed to service various bathrooms and kitchens without much effort. This means that it facilitates the use of showers and dishwashers at the same time without the need to install heating units at different places. This is a great option for those who live in smaller areas or don’t have much space for a tank-type water heater.
You’ll also rejoice immense control over the hot water supply with the Ecosmart ECO 36 36kw 240V Electric Tankless Water Heater. You definitely need to check out this product from Ecosmart if you are looking for an excellent water heater. It provides a lifetime warranty for use in a residential area.
Flow rate: The ECO 36 has a flow rate ranging between 3 to 8 gallons per minute depending upon the external temperatures of water. Power: If it is installed in a correct way, you will enjoy 36 kW of power (36,000 watts). Size: The size of this unit is 17″ x 19″ and its weight is 17 pounds. Usage: Multi-application.
- Adjustable controls
- Self-modulating unit
- Reduction in energy costs by 50 percent
- Savings on electricity bills
- Slight flow delays
- GPM might fluctuate depending on external water temperatures and location.
4. Bosch Tronic 3000 T 2.5-Gallon Electric Mini-Tank Water Heater
The Bosch Tronic 3000 T 2.5-Gallon Electric Mini-Tank Water Heater is suitable for people who cannot bear fluctuation. This heater doesn’t require any recovery time. It contains a point of use system for heating water on demand. Therefore, it won’t consume a large amount of electricity if you switch it off when not in use. It contains a plug-in wire extending from the inside to be plugged into an outlet.
Related – Top 10 Best Hose Reel Reviews
It has a capacity of two gallons of water per minute. This heater comes with a rating of maximum 6.8 gallons of hot water/ hour when it is set to a 90-degree rise and pressure rating of 150 pounds/ square inch. Temperature range of the heater is 80 degrees.
- The Bosch Tronic 3000 can be easily used by plugging into a 120-volts outlet.
- External digital dial for easy control of the range of temperature
- Attractive and sleek exterior design
- Heats the water in about 10 minutes
- High capacity of 3 faucets at one time
- Some models do not plug into an outlet and need a hardwire installed into the system.
5. Stiebel Eltron Tempra Plus 29 kW
The Stiebel Eltron Tempra 29 Plus has great build quality and innovative pattern. It is an extremely efficient, accurate machine. This heater is a cracking choice for a larger household who have a high demand for hot water.
It contains 3 heating modules and gives a maximum power of 28.8 kW on 240V and minimum power of 21.6 kW on 208V. It passes digital temperature control. The upper limit temperature rise at 3 GPM is 66 degrees F. It provides 3 years warranty on its parts. Its self-modulating technology gives endless energy prevention and is smartly designed.
- It will automatically set its internal settings.
- With minimal wasted energy, it uses the exact amount of power needed.
- It is ideal for high-usage applications.
- It remains absolutely consistent, regardless of how many fixtures or appliances you are using.
- This heater saves uncomfortable temperature fluctuations.
- It manages the water flow.
- It is costly.
- With higher flow rates, the effective temperature rise decreases.
6. Ariston GL4S Electric Mini-Tank Water Heater
The Ariston GL4S Electric Mini-Tank Water Heater is for individuals or those living in small houses that require an outstanding budget product. It is light, at just 17 pounds, so one is easily able to move it around to the right location. Switching ON this water heater is as easy as plugging in socket. Overall, this is an awesome water heater to add to your household. You just have to plug this in somewhere that is close to your main usage.
Also read – Best Faucet Water Filter Reviews
The manufacturer provides a 6-year limited heat exchanger warranty and 1-year limited parts warranty. This heater doesn’t require any hard wiring. You just need to plug into an outlet. This heater installs independently and easily or with a greater water-heating source. The Ariston GL4S Electric Mini-Tank Water Heater gives instant hot water for sink’s faucet and has a point-of-use mini-tank water heater with a capacity of 4 gallons.
- It is easy to install and use.
- It is energy efficient and cost-effective.
- Its weight is not so heavy and is compact for easy portability.
- It is ideal for both homes and workplaces.
- It Can work independently and complement existing water heating systems as well.
- With regulated pressure, it gives instant hot water supply.
- New and advanced temperature and thermostat control knob.
- It supplies limited water – just practical for sinks.
- Many users have complained regarding their complex yearly maintenance.
7. Rheem RTE 13 Electric Tankless Water Heater
Rheem RTE 13 is a compact powerhouse that fulfills the requirements of most consumers. Designed for point-of-use applications, the RTE 13 tankless water heater will provide you with hot water on your demand. The minimal water flow required to activate the heater coils is 0.4 gallons per minute.
This heater modulates power and comes with a standard 1/2″connection. It uses rugged copper /brass. It provides the desired heating level by spreading the heat evenly. 0.82 is the stated energy factor for the Rheem RTE 13. This water heater can be easily used as a whole-house water heater. On-unit temperature control, LEDs indicates standby mode and active constituents. For single shower applications, it is great. It uses 240 Volts of voltage and a power of 13KW. 4.0 GPM is its maximum flow rate. You have to consult the User Manual for installation instructions.
- Its installation is easy.
- Compact pattern of the unit
- It can offer hot water at a rate of up to 4 GPM.
- It is a type of space-saving electric tankless water heater.
- A temperature adjustment dial on the forepart of the water heating appliance allows you to easily set the water temperature.
- Not optimal for most residential houses and for cold climates.
8. SioGreen IR6000 Infrared Electric Hot Tankless Water
The SioGreen IR6000 tankless electric water heater provides water pressure of 3.6 GPM at 30 degrees F rise with 60 PSI. In order to heat the water instantly, it uses infrared and coilless technology.The unit gives a corrosion free build and less power usage. Only the water you use is heated, instead of having hot water sitting in a traditional tank waiting to be used.
Related – Best Aquarium Heater Reviews
The temperature rise is 3.6GPM at 30 degrees F rise with 60 PSI. It generates heat without requiring direct contact of metal for heating with the water. It has no deposits of Calcium and Limescale and is ideal for hard water areas and also well water. This technology saves both energy plus water. Maintenance is free. With the use of Coil-less Technology, it energizes your water with quartz infrared energy.
- It is good for medium size families.
- The SioGreen IR6000 is lightweight and small in size.
- It’s patented pattern heats water fast.
- This heater provides 3.6 gallons per minute of water pressure.
- It provides both residential and commercial applications.
- It has a unique infrared technology for the purpose of heating water on demand.
- The water does not “instantly” get hot as promised; it takes few seconds to heat up.
- The unique design and element use might create difficulty for professionals to fix.
9. Marey ECO110 220V Self-Modulating 11 kW
The Marey Eco 110 Tankless Water Heater gives endless and instant hot water from your existing water supply. It owns a compact design, is easy to install and energy sufficient. The Eco 110 Tankless Water Heater allows you to manage the use of energy by adjusting the heater to the home’s electric capacity.
It comes with Five Years Warranty Period. This Water heater is simple to run and easy to adjust, it is also ETL approved. The unit is installed close to the point of use. Push-button temperature control is present on the forepart of the unit. Its LED panel displays output water temperature. This latest technology provides consequent over-temperature safety protection at output temperatures above 140°F (60°C). Temperature sensor malfunction indicator is present.
The heater Saves up a lot of space because of its compact design. The concept of no stand-by heating loss saves a lot of energy. Its control panel either shows or Celsius or Fahrenheit. It needs very little activation water pressure.
- It is easy to operate.
- The pattern is not bulky, so that saves up a lot of space.
- It doesn’t require a lot of water for activation.
- The Eco 110 Tankless Water Heater has no disadvantages.
10. Atmor 18kW / 240V Electric Tankless Water Heater
This water heater possesses smart flow technology that provides you unlimited hot water whenever you need it. By automatically activating once water flow is sensed and shutting off when it finishes, you’ll lower your water usage. It is specially fitted out to heat incoming water as low as 37°F at 1.9 GPM. As compared to traditional tank water heater it saves up to 50% on electric bills. This heater is lead-free, easy to operate, does not need venting and has Seven years warranty against leakage and 2 years for parts.
It needs 3 x 30A single-phase double-pole breakers, 3 x 8 AWG wires, 240V. The usage is easy, once you set it, you don’t have to worry about it, thanks to its digital temperature control. Its Digital control allows you to adjust the temperature in increments of 1°F. Its sleek design saves space, no venting needed, it can be set up anywhere in your home or garage.
It Utilizes three 8-Gauge wires connected to three 30 Amp double pole dedicated breakers. The durable and corrosion resistant stainless steel interior assembly allows for longer life expectancy and heating efficiency. The splash-proof IP54 certification permits point-of-use installing in or near sinks and showers.
- This Electric water heater is ideal for whole house hot water application.
- Continuous on demand hot water heater.
- It has no disadvantage
Electric vs. Gas tankless water heater
When customers have to purchase a new water heater, they are most often confused. Every potential buyer faces the dilemma of gas vs electric tankless water heaters. Most of the manufacturers of water heater offer both designs to their customers. Let us take a look at how these two are different from each other.
Preference – Mostly, house owners are not comfortable in using gas powered stuff due to safety issues. Gas heaters also cause greenhouse emissions thereby causing pollution.
Availability of the source of energy – People residing in places with an energy crisis might prefer a gas water heater over an electric one. But the installation of gas heaters is uneconomical if the locality doesn’t already have propane or gas supply.
Maintenance – The electric tankless water heaters are comparatively easier to maintain than gas ones. But the performance and fuel combustion of the gas heaters have to be examined regularly by trained and skilled technicians.
Also Read – Best Rain Shower Head Reviews
Installation – The electric tankless water heaters are comparatively easier to install than gas ones. Gas heaters are difficult to install in confined locations as many factors have to be taken into account. Sidewall venting can make the process of installation even more complex.
Longevity – Electric water heaters, due to their simple design tend to last longer than the gas ones. On the other hand, complications can arise in gas water heaters. This can make their service life shorter.
Initial cost – The initial cost of the gas tankless water heaters is much more than their electric counterparts.
Operating cost and efficiency – The operating cost of the gas tankless water heaters is much more than their electric counterparts. The electric water heaters are more efficient than gas heaters as they tend to give a greater output and utilize less power.
Types of tankless water heater
Mainly, there are two different types of tankless water heaters- Gas and electric.
1. Gas tankless water heaters – They are designed to burn either propane or natural gas. They have various venting requirements due to which they are costlier to install. But you don’t need venting if you opt for a water heater with a condensing unit. But they have an advanced design and are therefore more expensive as compared to those which do not contain a condensing unit. A quality gas tankless water heater can easily cost you more than $1000. You must consider the size of the gas line, supply for fresh air and venting options.
The price of natural gas keeps on varying. You have to rely on fossil fuels. It also increases the greenhouse effect. It requires maintenance and checking by expert and qualified technicians. Many locations do not have many options for venting. This makes the installation process a little difficult. It also has a complicated design.
2. Electric tankless water heaters – It is less expensive as compared to gas heaters. The cost of electricity is not as fluctuating as gas. They have a simple design and are easy to install. They require less maintenance. An electric tankless water heater is safer to operate than a gas one. There are various issues such as the supply of fresh air and combustion in gas water heaters. Due to the enhanced safety, most households prefer electric heaters. They do not need constant examination form a technical expert and are more user-friendly.
Electric tankless water heater have a simple design and hence last longer. They utilize less power and give a higher output. This proves that they are more cost-efficient than their gas counterparts. Their installation cost is less than that of a gas tankless water heater.