Hunting is fun, hunting is thrilling, hunting is adventurous and hunting is daring if only you had a perfect backpack with you else you will jeopardize yourself in the midst of dense forests. A hunting backpack is way different from your regular backpacks and a must have while you are on your way to hunt down like a professional archer and knight. Choosing a compatible and best hunting backpack can give you a headaches as the market is flooded with numerous options, each claiming to be the best hunting backpack reviews and different from other.
Listed below are bestselling Best Hunting Backpack Reviews which satisfy both affordability and quality.
No products found.
In the scenario, you need to have an eagle eye to hunt that perfect backpack for you. We are here to provide the desired and much-wanted help to hunt down the best hunting backpack for you. Keep on reading.
- 1 Best Hunting backpacks
- 1.1 1. ALPS OutdoorZ Commander + Pack Bag
- 1.2 2. Eberlestock X2 Hunting BagPack
- 1.3 3. Badlands 2200 Camouflage Hunting Pack and Meat Hauler
- 1.4 4. Badlands Diablo Day Pack
- 1.5 5. ALPS OutdoorZ Dark Timber Day Pack
- 1.6 6. Eberlestock Halftrack Hunting Pack
- 1.7 7. Tenzing TZ 2220 Hunting Daypack
- 1.8 8. Timber Hawk Killshot Backpack
- 1.9 9. Tenzing TC 1500
- 1.10 10. Eberlestock M5 Team Elk Pack
- 1.11 Buying guide for hunting backpack
- 1.12 What to pack in your hunting backpack?
Best Hunting backpacks
Here’s our best pick of hunting backpack to ease down your hunt for best backpack. Choose any from the list as per your requirement.
1. ALPS OutdoorZ Commander + Pack Bag
The first backpack in our list is ALPS OutdoorZ Commander + Pack Bag that is indeed to serve as an essential tool for hardcore hunters and explorers. It has all the space to carry your Crossbow, Bow or Riffle efficiently. So, choose your weapon as per your wish not as per the capacity of backpack as it has super 86 liter capacity.
The “Wing pockets” at the front will prevent from falling or misplacing of your weapon when you are on the move. Don’t cut down on your loads as it comes with extension lashing straps to carry auxiliary and heavy loads. The array of pockets and pouches are generous enough to accommodate all your gears and essentials.
The most noteworthy feature of this backpack is that it can be used as a freighter frame, so you can easily carry your hunted animals back to the camp. Despite so many pros, its heavyweight build is a major con that stops you to use this on daily basis.
- Unique organizational front shelf pocket helps keep all your gear at your fingertips
- Keep your essentials close with a drop-down rifle/bow holder pocket, quiver holders and hydration pocket and port
- Padded waist belt with two pockets and reinforced webbing to accommodate clip-style holsters
- Blaze orange rain cover included to stay safe and keep your gear dry during inclement weather conditions
- Weight: 4 lbs. 1 oz., Size: 2700 cu. in., Camo Pattern: Realtree Edge
2. Eberlestock X2 Hunting BagPack
This backpack is a compact one with ample space for all your gears. Its A1SS and A2SS side scabbards are there to grant you the capability to carry your rifle and bow with much effort and free your hands from the load to haul a rifle or bow in your hands. Chose your things while packing as it is not designed to carry a mini-universe with you.
Because of its small size it is ideal for maximum a day’s trip only. It weighs only 4.5 pounds so you can carry this easily with less discomfort. X2’s extra-large compression straps will surely provide you that supplementary comfort when you are moving for hours. The 4 buckles of compression straps are of first-rate quality so they easy down the tedious process of loading and unloading.
Also Read – Best Pocket Knife Sharpener Reviews
In short, we can easily say that if you are planning to spends few hours or a day in the woods, then X2 backpack is your best companion.
- Ample FlexChassis which can flip forward for use as a seat or cradle loads you strap to the pack
- Designed to accept either our A1SS or A2SS Side Scabbards, to carry either shotguns or full-scale hunting rifle
- Padlock webbing tie-points in key locations for accessory attachment and lashing on gear
- Material: Microsuede waterproof fabric / water resistant construction
3. Badlands 2200 Camouflage Hunting Pack and Meat Hauler
This USA made hunting backpack will not only carry all your gadgets and gears but also has capability to haul your meat after your hunt. It is made from KXO-32 fabric that grants it an unmatched durability and it is tough to bear the harsh atmosphere and terrain of the forest.
It is fully loaded with a built-in meat shelf and internal scope and tripod pockets that will act as a storehouse for you. The zippered entry panel at the back allows having essentials handy and reachable. The fabric is treated with DWR technology that makes it resistant towards moisture, dirt and blood.
So, ultimately, the backpack doesn’t demand rigorous maintenance after a tough hunting tour. The molded foam and T- 6 aircraft aluminum internal frame along with load lifter straps makes it a simple and comfortable thing to carry that doesn’t hurt your back. It is highly versatile as it come with an integrated rifle boot and built-in hipbelt pistol holders and well-matched to the heavy build of 2- liter hydration system and the Badland Bow Boot.
It weighs only 5 lb with 19x17x 9 inches measurements that make it ideal to carry for long duration. With 8 pockets in total and 2250 cubic inches volume capacity, this backpack is surely capable enough to accommodate all your essentials.
- LONG HAUL COMFORT - Badlands' molded memory foam suspension starts out comfortable, and just gets better with time, as the harness conforms to your body. With the reverse tightening feature on our waist belts, you pull the belt's ends inwards, rather than outwards to give you the leverage you need to properly cinch your belt for maximum carrying comfort.
- MOVE OVER, ALUMINUM - Aircraft grade aluminum has been a go-to material for pack frames for years, due to its strength and minimal weight. Yet at Badlands, we thought we could do better, and we did. The proprietary magnesium alloy we use in our frame stays is twice as strong as T6 aluminum, and even lighter in weight.
- KXO-50 FABRIC - This new fabric has all the features you love about KXO-32 fabric - it's insanely tough, incredibly quiet, and absolutely waterproof. What's different, you say? KXO-50 is even lighter in weight. But we didn't stop there with the 2200. Badlands' C6 Durable Water Repellent (DWR) treatment doesn't allow moisture to seep into fabrics. Water beads and rolls off, keeping your gear dry, longer.
- BELLS & WHISTLES - Why risk damaging your rifle or bow? Use the detachable Rifle/Bow Boot and the batwing straps on the back of your Badlands pack to securely carry your rifle or bow, hands-free. And what about your glass? The 2200 is compatible with Badlands' Bino Connect System, which lets you connect your bino case directly to your pack harness, for a more comfortable carry. Want more? This pack has a built-in meat shelf, hip belt pistol holster, and fits Badlands' 2L hydration reservoir.
- APPROACH FX CAMO - Groundbreaking concealment technology meets a darker color palette to render hunters virtually invisible. Designed for the Midwest or Eastern hunter, as well as late-season Western hunters, this dark woods Camo adapts to your surroundings AND the current lighting.
4. Badlands Diablo Day Pack
The next backpack in our list is Badlands Diablo Day Pack. This backpack is designed especially for a day and ideal for few hours hunting tour. It is super light to carry with 1900 cubic inches volume capacity and comes with hyper vent suspension technology.
The backpack is made from superior quality KX) – 32 camo fabric along with T- 6 internal frame. These two features assure you about for the durability and utility of the backpack. Pack your things wisely as it comes with only 2 compartments and 6 pockets.
Related Articles – Best Soft Cooler Reviews
You may think that what the use of investing in such a small backpack but our take on this is that by buying this backpack you will get a helping hand to plan your short hunting tours as well as it can be a great partner for your daily commute. So, kill two birds with same stone by buying this backpack.
- VENTILATED FOR COMFORT - Even in cooler weather, carrying a pack builds up a sweat. Badlands' Hypervent suspension actually pulls your pack away from your back, for a constant flow of cooling air. Where your body does come in contact with the pack, ventilated foam and a tough mesh fabric help continue the flow of air, keeping you cooler, dryer, and more comfortable.
- CARRIES RIFLE OR BOW - Why risk damaging your rifle or bow? Use the built-in Rifle/Bow Boot and the batwing straps on the back of your Badlands pack to securely carry your rifle or bow, hands-free.
- KXO-32 FABRIC - After 31 attempts at creating the ultimate hunting fabric, we nearly gave up. Turns out 32 tries was the charm. Badlands' KXO-32 fabric is tough, waterproof, incredibly quiet, and lightweight, too. But we didn't stop there with the Diablo Dos. Badlands' C6 Durable Water Repellent (DWR) treatment doesn't allow moisture to seep into fabrics. Water beads and rolls off, keeping your gear dry, longer.
- BELLS & WHISTLES - The devil's in the details and the Diablo is loaded with them, including easy access hip-belt pouches and multiple rear compression straps. Seamless shoulder straps deliver long haul comfort. The Diablo Dos fits Badlands' 3L hydration reservoir.
- APPROACH CAMO - A carefully constructed and neutral color palette allows the Approach pattern to adapt to your surroundings AND the current lighting conditions. Changing light will no longer dictate whether or not you stay hidden when it matters most.
5. ALPS OutdoorZ Dark Timber Day Pack
This is another masterpiece from the house of Alps. This magnificent hunting backpack is a lightweight, highly durable, spacious and offers you utmost utility. The sternum strap and padded waist belt are there to ensure that you won’t hurt your back while carry tons of load for your survival.
It is made from superior quality material that stands all day long during your rough and tough tracking. You get all these benefits at very nominal price that is why it is picked by many.
One of the major drawbacks of this backpack is that it doesn’t have ample external storage options, so you have rely on the internal pockets. Due to this, every time you need a thing, you will have to dip in deep to find out that.
- Large front accessory and main pocket to keep your essentials organized and accessible
- Fully loaded with side mesh pockets, lower storage pocket and hydration pocket and port
- Side compression straps pull in pack's weight, making heavy loads easier and more comfortable to carry
- Padded waist belt and shoulder straps with adjustable sternum straps for maximum comfort
- Weight: 2 lbs. 1 oz., Capacity: 37L/2,285 in³, Camo Pattern: Mossy Oak Country
6. Eberlestock Halftrack Hunting Pack
Eberlestock Halftrack Hunting Pack is a nice option if you are looking for a highly durable backpack. The exceeding durability of this backpack is achieved by the use of 1000 denier nylon in its manufacturing. It is a medium-sized backpack with dimensions of 24x11x7 inches and 6lbs weight.
One of the most noteworthy features of Eberlerstock backpack is its plastic frame sheet along with internal aluminum cellular stays that, works as hands in gloves to offer you copious support while you are carrying tons of load n your back.
The unique feature, Halftrack, comes with hand-sewn espousal, padding, and airing system to make your hunting tour comfortable. It will easily bear the burden of two hydration kits of 3-liter capacity that can be accommodated by mounting them inside pockets. The best part is that it comes with a pull-out rain cover. Use it to cover yourself from rain or high wind.
- The F3M Halftrack is an extremely versatile and popular 3-day pack. It features two levels of varying-sized tuck-pockets lining its interior, MOLLE-style Padlock webbing racks inside and out, and a fold-down shelf that can be used to divide the main compartment into upper and lower chambers.
- The pack has a Gossamer polycarbonate frame, is comfortably padded with deep-cut airmesh foam, and is well ventilated. This pack also includes a removable raincover that is deployed via a zipper on the bottom of the pack.
- Pack Specs: Total Volume: 2,150 c.i. | Weight: 6 lbs 7 oz | Dimensions main bag: 24"h x 11"w x 7"d
- It will carry two 3-liter hydration kits, mounted in side pockets, or two 2-liter bladders in side-sleeves if you want to keep the main side pockets free for other gear.
- RECOMMENDED FOR: Law Enforcement General | Military 72 hr. Assault
7. Tenzing TZ 2220 Hunting Daypack
This backpack comes with an internal aluminum frame along with a lightweight structure that implies it is ideal for short duration hunting excursion. It is made out of superior quality fabric and nylon that bestows this backpack ultimate toughness and stability.
The high-end padded hip-support makes sure that you carry your burden with utmost ease and comfort. So, don’t get scared of the burden, carry it with effortlessness and elan.
How many times do you get a sweated back? I am sure almost every time if you are using an internal framed backpack. But this is not the case with Tenzing as it comes with channeled, air-cooled back pad. It has enough room to accommodate your hunting tools such as foldout bow and gun carrying boot.
Also Read – Best Pop Up Canopy Reviews
The backpack comprises another tool of high importance and it is a foldout rain cover that gives you shelter, protection and acts as a shield while you are wandering in woods. The only drawback of Tenzing is that if you are a die-hard hunter and wants to spend days in the dense forest then it is definitely not an option for you because of its small size.
No products found.
8. Timber Hawk Killshot Backpack
Made from high-end polyester and imported fabric, Timber Hawk Killshot backpack is our next pick. It is designed to take in the 2-liter reversible hydrapack bladder with an insulated hose to keep your throat damp. With this backpack, you can easily pack your rifle, bow or tripod. Flexible shoulder strap system matches with various torso sizes. The twill fabric gives it unparalleled robustness and hardiness.
The ergonomic tightening adjustment of deluxe padded waist belt helps you to carry your weight and burden with no trouble. The outstanding raptor compression straps of this backpack are other features that grab your attention. The compression straps are of high importance in the sense that they shrink the pack when it’s not fully loaded. Owing to this, carrying the pack is an easy task.
- Storage Capacity: 27.5L/ 1,168 cubic in.
- Constructed with Quiet Cloth noise reducing materials
- Hawkeye Bino Strap System
- Left and Right zippered waist-belt pockets
- Left and Right water bottle pouches
9. Tenzing TC 1500
Tenzing TC 1500 is one of its kinds. It caters all your carrying needs with its some notable features. The first feature that needs applaud is its storage capacity that comes with 12 comprehensive pockets in total to accommodate almost everything.
It has one internal fluted aluminum frame stay along with a durable manufacturing material. It lets your back breath with its meshed back pad. The TC 1500 features spongy, silent tricot fabric along with the Dyneema strength panels to reduce any sound and noise that your gears and gadgets might make while taking them in and out.
The side-mount quiver attachment is there keep all your arrows within arm’s reach along with the auxiliary of your bow. The padded hip panels trim down the burden and reduce the friction. Trust us; your back will thank you enough once you pick this backpack. In short, this backpack has almost everything to encompass your requirement. It is the perfect pick for tree stand hunters.
- Tc 1500 features soft, silent tricot fabric-covered robic rip-stop strength panels to deaden any noise from accessing gear
- 1500 cubic inches with 6 organization pockets. Pack weighs 3Lbs 4Oz
- Fold-out bow and gun carrying boot along with a fold-out rain cover
- Two horizontal compression straps along with two vertical compression straps
- Padded hip panels with breathable mesh back pad
10. Eberlestock M5 Team Elk Pack
This backpack is known for its ultimate comfort that is achieved by means of body-following contours and a bottom-shelf design. It is an ideal mélange of comfort, toughness, and utility. The quiet and comfortable construction makes it the perfect choice for those who want to wander in the dense and lonely forest for many days. Plus, it also serves as a carrier for your hunted meat. It comes with a set of an access point: front-loading and top-loading. So, your entire essential is always within reach.
It has extra room to store your hunting weapons such as a bow or rifle. The double full-depth spotting scope and hydration pockets are available on both sides of the backpack to provide to an auxiliary space. It has a super capacity of 3,100 cubic inches that implies it is fit to carry your mini world along with you.
The dimensions are 23x11x9.5 inches which are good enough to offer you ample storage space. A fully-equipped hunting backpack is a knight in shining armor for you when you are roaming in search of your hunt.
- Total Volume: 3,100 c.i. - Weight: 6 lbs 8 oz
- Pack Volume: 2,600 c.i. - Dimensions main bag: 23"h x 11"w x 9.5"d
- Scabbard Volume: 500 c.i. - Scabbard Dimensions: 34"L x 10"W x 2"D, with a 24" circumference opening
- Recommended for: Big Game Hunting
- Designed to appeal to all hunters and popular all over the world, a full 10% of the revenues generated by sales of the RMEF Team Elk pack are donated to the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation. This is one of the ways that we demonstrate that Eberlestock proudly supports the best practices of American conservation.
Buying guide for hunting backpack
When you are planning to go for a hunt, a hunting backpack is a must tool and buying this demands your attention on few major factors. Read this ultimate buying guide and make the best purchase.
Relate with your purpose first
The foremost thing to pay attention is to be aware of your purpose. Are you going for a casual hunting? Will you carry meat on your way back to hunt? What weapon you are going to carry? These are the questions that you should consider before heading towards the market as your purchase entirely depends on these questions.
Choose size wisely
One you are aware of your purpose, next thing to consider is the size as hunting backpacks comes in all sizes and dimensions ranging from 1000 cubic inches to 5000 cubic inches. Depending upon your type of hunting choose the size wisely. For instance, if you are planning to explore the thrill of elk hunting then you will require a large size backpack to accommodate your oversize riffle.
Also read – Best Camping Stove Reviews
The comfort fit and adjustability
The next notable feature of your backpack to consider is its comfortable fit and adjustability. A hunting backpack with adjustable shoulder straps and waist belt is always a best buy as it can be used for various purposes.
The superior quality of your hunting backpack is of the essence as your backpack is going to be your sole partner on those dense forests or remote locations. In this situation, a rough and tough backpack will ease down the tedious and hard journey in the woods.
An added warranty is like a bonus. Check for the manufactures warranty on your backpack and choose wisely as some brands offer lifetime warranty on their products while some are happy to offer limited warranty.
Storage and compartment
Your hike or hunting will take you on the lap of nature as well as will cut you from all luxuries of the world. So, you have to take a tiny world along you to live to tell the tale. A spacious hunting backpack will be capable enough to carry all your essentials. So, check for this factor and make the best buy.
Types of hunting backpack
The hunting backpacks come in various varieties and frames. Majorly, they can be categories depending upon few features such as the difference in capacity, and the difference in a frame structure. Here is the list of different types of hunting backpack for you.
Capacity based types
On the basis of their carrying capacity; hunting backpacks can be differentiate as traditional, front loading and panel loading backpacks. Let’s dig in more to find out.
- Traditional backpacks – This is the basic version of the backpack that is intended for simple use. You can’t load heavyweight weapon and instruments on this traditional backpack. If you are a beginner or just going for a casual hunt in the nearby vicinity, then it will do the job perfectly.
- Top Loading backpack – This variety is the second generation of backpacks. With a front-loading backpack, you can easily pack large instruments such as camera, binoculars and other necessary things that you might need handy.
- Panel Loading – Panel loading backpack is the master loader as it can carry tons of stuff or your long hunting excursion.
Your backpack can be differentiate further depending upon the type of frame used in its construction. Here are the two types of the frame structure that your backpack encompasses.
- External frame backpacks – If you are planning for long hunting session with a dead deer on your arrival then you should go for external frame backpack as it offers you to pack the whole world inside it with heavy gears and essentials for your long stay. They are less expensive with super utility. It keeps your entire essential organized with various compartments. But, we can’t bet on the comfort level as it is a bit heavy to carry.
- Internal frame backpacks – Internal frame backpack is your ideal partner for short yet advantageous trip or hunt. They are compact, comfortable and easy to carry. They have less space to store things when compared to external frame backpack that why they are suited for short duration hunting and hiking.
Features to consider while shopping for a hunting backpack
There are some specific features to consider when you are planning to buy a hunting backpack. We are providing you a brief introduction to those features. Ziplock them in your mind for future references.
- If you are going to spend more days in solitude than you will definitely need to carry a mini-universe with you to survive so go for a thick padded backpack. A thick padding will help you to lessen the burden of heavy load on your back and shoulders.
- Go for a backpack that is made of lightweight material.
- Your backpack should be waterproof else you will lose your stock of bread.
- Would you like to carry a noisy thing in a quiet forest? I guess you won’t so pay heed to the zippers of your backpack. The zippers of your backpack should be smoother enough to operate.
What to pack in your hunting backpack?
As we have already discussed that hunting bag is your sole savior when you are wandering in the dense forest so packing this needs to pay more attention. Here is a list of items that you should carry in your bag without fail.
Rain Gear – Always carry a set of lightweight and durable rain gear with you because you never know when it will start pouring. Plus, it can protect your form speedy wind storms and keeps you warm when temperature drops.
Medical Kit – Forest and mountain has all the possible dangers to harm you without an alarm. So, always keep a medical kit handy.
Paracord – Never underestimate the power of this tool as it is going to help you by numerous ways in your excursion in solitude.
A light source – forest and mountains don’t have 24 hrs supplies like your city home. Once sun goes down a light source is what that you must be requiring the most.
Multipurpose knife – From cutting branches to prepare food in the woods, a knife is what you required the most. So, a sharp bladed knife of superior quality is a must thing to pack in your backpack.
Canned food – If you are going to spend few days in isolation then carry few packets of canned food with you because you don’t how to much time it will take you hunt down a deer and to cook it in a jungle.
Hydration kits – Long walk, rough walkways, sole and tiring journey, minimum resources will dry your throat at a wink of an eye. Before stepping out for your hunting tour, always pack hydration kits with other stuffs else you will spend more hours in search of water than your prey.
Last update on 2021-03-05 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API