A holiday cannot be a fun holiday if longboarding is not included in the bucket list, no? It does not matter whether you are in high school or not, the sport of longboarding still interests lots of people. The thrill and the adventures of this sport cannot be compared to anything else. But to master the thrill and the skill, you first need to get your hands on the best longboards in the market? And it is not easy to decide which one to choose or not. So, in this article, we will help you to sort out this difficult decision with some of our wisdom. Let us have a look.
Listed below are bestselling Best Longboards Review which satisfy both affordability and quality.
- 1 Top 10 Best Longboards
- 1.1 1. Rimable Drop-through Longboard (41-inch)
- 1.2 2. SCSK8 Professional Speed Drop Down
- 1.3 3. Volador 42inch Freeride Longboard
- 1.4 4. Sector 9 Aperture Sidewinder Drop Through Downhill
- 1.5 5. Santa Cruz Lion God Rasta Drop Thru Cruzer Freeride Longboard Deck Complete 40″
- 1.6 6. Atom Drop Deck Longboard (41-Inch)
- 1.7 7. Sector 9 Bamboo Lookout Drop Longboard
- 1.8 8. Puente Drop Down Deck Professional Complete Longboard 41 Inch
- 1.9 9. MBS All-Terrain Longboard
- 1.10 10. Landyachtz Longboard Complete Fiberglass Drop Carve 40″
- 2 Longboards vs. Skateboards
- 3 Longboard Buying Guide
- 4 How Do You Use a Longboard?
Top 10 Best Longboards
1. Rimable Drop-through Longboard (41-inch)
Choose it for the funk look or the great features, the Rimable drop through longboard does best at both. It is one of the best longboards and in this list, it is number one. It is a perfect match for cruising, downhill riding, and free-ride. Have a look.
Stable board – The 41 inch long maple wood deck of this board gives this board a stable feature. The grip tape of this product is awesome.
Great bearings and trucks– 7 inch aluminum trucks and ABEC 9 steel bearing give this longboard a great outlook and durable quality. It gives it stability as well.
Good wheels – The soft and sturdy 70x51mm PU Square 85A Wheel are one of the reasons that this longboard goes smoothly. It is fast as well and works well on every surface.
Perfect for every kind of riding – Whether you want to cruise or downhill cruising, this longboard fits perfectly in every category.
- Technical shapes make it easy to ride.
- Super fast speed.
- Easier to balance. Less agile.
- The low platform allows more stability.
- The deck has less flexibility.
- It is heavy.
2. SCSK8 Professional Speed Drop Down
The new SCSK8 professional longboard is one of the best longboards to have a ride. This 41-inch longboard is a perfect ride for beginners and professionals as well. Not only it has a stable structure, but it also has a flexible feature too. Let us have a look.
Amazing deck – Made of maple woods; the deck of this longboard is fantastic and has seven ply maple constructions. It has a concave design which makes it stable and less agile too.
Great wheels and trucks – The trucks and wheels of this longboard are awesome. It has an enormous speed, but it is smooth too. It has 70mm PU wheels and 7 inch aluminum trucks. The grip tape of this board is great too.
Lightweight – Another feature of this board is that it is lightweight. Thus anyone can easily ride it, and it is easy to carry it off too.
- Good quality deck made of maple wood. It has a concave design that gives stability.
- The wheels and bearing of this longboard are of great quality. It gives fast and smooth riding.
- It troubles a little on grass or dirt.
3. Volador 42inch Freeride Longboard
With 42″ long deck, this Volador free rides longboard is a beast of the streets. Being one of the best longboards ever, this longboard is perfect for professionals as well as beginners. If you are looking for a great longboard with all the quality features, this is the one.
Stable and sturdy deck – The deck of this longboard is 42″ long which makes it very stable and less agile. It is perfect for beginners as they do not need much balancing skill while using it.
Great wheels – The wheels of this longboard are sturdy and roll perfectly on every surface.
Trucks and bearings – The trucks and bearings of this longboard are amazing. It has genuine ABEC 7 bearings along with 7″ long aluminum trucks.
Lightweight and cheap – The weight of this longboard is 7.5 pounds, and it is cheap as well. Thus it can be a great longboard under your low budget.
- Volador 42 inch Freeride Longboard is an environmentally friendly, i.e., wooden skateboard.
- The longboard has stable trucks.
- It can give you fast speed along with its great bearings.
- It has pivot cup to protect your truck life.
- The deck is not flexible.
4. Sector 9 Aperture Sidewinder Drop Through Downhill
Sector 9 longboards are one of the best longboards in the market. It is 36″ long along with a sector nine drop through deck. It has the perfect speed to ride through every kind of surface. The features of this longboard are as follows.
Stable – This longboard has a concave deck that is 36″ long. Thus it is very stable and agiler. It has swift turning feature that is suitable for better stances.
Good wheels – The 69mm wheels are very fast and give an amazing experience to anyone riding it. The wheels are perfectly adaptable to every kind of surface and stances too.
Lightweight – Another important feature of this longboard is that it is very light. It weighs only 6.9 pounds. Thus it can be easily handled by kids.
- Great deck with concave design.
- It is extremely fast.
- It needs good balancing skill.
5. Santa Cruz Lion God Rasta Drop Thru Cruzer Freeride Longboard Deck Complete 40″
This maple wood longboard is one of the best longboards in terms of speed. Along with a 40″ deck and Thunder Juice wheels, this Santa Cruz longboards in very popular among the young teens. The features are as follows.
Agile – The deck of this longboard is 40″. Thus it is agile, and it provides swift turnings. Also, the deck is made of maple wood which gives it a durable, long lasting effect.
Good trucks – The trucks of this longboard are road rider 180 and made of aluminum steel. This gives this longboard a better gripping system.
Wheels – The wheels of this longboard is Oj thunder juice 75mm. The wheels are fast and have re-bouncing quality.
Lightweight – The longboard weighs 7 pounds. Thus it is quite lightweight, and it is perfect for children. However, adults use this too.
- Smooth and fast riding.
- Concave decks. It is made of maple woods. Thus it is sturdy and durable.
- It is agile and swift.
- The balancing of this longboard is not so good.
6. Atom Drop Deck Longboard (41-Inch)
The Atom drop deck longboards are one of the best longboards that provides a concave drop down maple deck which is not only durable but also stable if you want to go for a high-speed ride. From newbie to experts, this longboard serves both very well. Let us have a look at the features.
Sturdy deck – The 41″ maple wood deck is one of the best features of this longboard. It is sturdy, and the concave low center gravity of this longboard demands much attention as well.
Good, trucks and bearings – The bearings and truck of this longboard are of high quality. The trucks of this longboard are 245mm reverse kingpin trucks, and the bearings are made of stainless steels.
Weight and others – This longboard weighs 10lbs. It is accompanied by good grip tape along. Also, it comes fully assembled.
Stable – The ultra-low riding facility gives it the plus point of having good stability and balance. It is ideal for downhill carving.
- The sturdy deck is safe to travel.
- The wheels are soft and provide a smooth riding.
- Extremely fast.
- The deck is non-flexible.
7. Sector 9 Bamboo Lookout Drop Longboard
This good-looking longboard is one of the best longboards ever. It is very popular among the teens. Along with a 42″ long deck, this longboard is perfect for downhill cruising and commuting.
Deck – Made of bamboo, the deck of this board, is 42″ long. It has a perfect drop through a structure that makes this longboard more durable than other longboards.
Truck – The 10″ aluminum trucks has reverse features and also provides a great grip.
Wheels – The wheels of this longboard are soft and provide fairly smooth rides all along.
Lightweight – It weighs only 7 lbs. Thus it is lightweight and easy to carry. Also, the grip tape is of very good quality.
- One of the best longboards with flexible bamboo deck.
- Lightweight and weather protected.
- It is suitable for beginners and professionals.
- It provides maximum balance.
- The bearings are not enough for high speed.
8. Puente Drop Down Deck Professional Complete Longboard 41 Inch
If you are looking for an inexpensive longboard with all features assimilated perfectly, the new Puente professional complete drop longboard will be an amazing choice. Along with a funky look, this 41″ longboard is sturdy and durable. Let us have a look at the features.
Sturdy – The first thing about this longboard is that it has a sturdy structure. The deck of this longboard is made of maple woods, and it is 41″ long. Also, the deck is perfectly accompanied with a grip tape.
Wheels – the 2.8″ diameter wheels have re-bounce quality along with smooth rides. It has a good speed that can carry off 250kgs on it.
Bearings and trucks – It is accompanied by 7″ medium carbon steel alloy trucks, and the bearings are ABEC-9 bearings. Thus these two combinations make this longboard sturdy and long-lasting.
Lightweight – This longboard weighs only 5.5 pounds. Thus it is quite lightweight for children and inexpensive at the same time. In a nutshell, it is one of the best longboards ever.
- It is agile and turns swiftly. It is 41″ long.
- Lightweight and inexpensive.
- Great durable wheels with high speed.
- The trucks and bearing of this longboard are long-lasting.
- The grip tape is of bad quality.
9. MBS All-Terrain Longboard
This assembled all-terrain longboard is one of the best options for children. It is extremely lightweight and rides smoothly on every other surface. It is made of maple deck. Thus it has a sturdy outlook and durable as well.
Smooth wheels – These 100mmX65mm longboard wheels are cast with 78A urethane wheels. Thus it has a smooth effect along with perfect balancing feature and speed.
Sturdy – The deck of this longboard is made of maple wood. Thus it gives a sturdy effect, and it is durable too. Also, the center of gravity of this longboard is low too.
Rubber shielded bearing – The bearings of this longboard is perfectly shielded with rubbers which makes it protective from unseen harms.
Assembled – Another great feature of this longboard is that it comes completely assembled. Thus you do not have to waste time assembling it on your own. It is ready to use right away.
- It weighs only 6 pounds.
- Assembled longboard.
- The deck is made of maple woods. Thus it is sturdy.
- It has rubber shielded bearings.
- The wheels are smooth and perfect for rides.
- The finishing is not good.
- Does not roll very well on grass.
10. Landyachtz Longboard Complete Fiberglass Drop Carve 40″
Landyachtz is one of the most famous brands in the market of longboards. Not only it goes with style, but it is also a perfect match for the beginners too. Along with 40″ long size, this longboard provides the perfect balance a beginner skater might need.
Agile– Landychtz time machine complete longboard is 40″ long, and it is designed for optimal flux capacitation. Also, angled drops mounted with Grizzly 840s make the board agiler. Thus you can be playful with this longboard.
Flat and concave– This longboard is perfectly flat with a mild concave that provides a better ride. Also, it provides a better balancing skill too.
Material– This longboard is made of bamboo and fiberglass. These two combinations make the board light and also long-lasting.
- Long lasting.
- It is made of bamboo and fiberglass. Thus it is durable.
- It is 40″ long. Thus this longboard is more agile and playful.
- The wheels are great. It slides smoothly.
- It cruises for a long time.
- As it is agiler, it does not support every stance. It needs a better balancing skill.
Longboards vs. Skateboards
But before jumping into the topic of best longboards, we need some precise knowledge on the topic of longboards vs. Skateboards. Under any naked eye, a longboard and a skateboard are the same things. They are not, and it can be quite confusing for many people. So, here we have tried to pinpoint the main differences between them. Have a look.
Size and shape
From the nomenclature itself, one can easily conclude that longboards are longer in size than the skateboards. Longboards are longer in size than the conventional skateboards, and their size may go up to 130 cm.
Apart from the size, longboards have a different shape than the conventional skateboards. Conventional skateboards have curves on their ends while longboards have two strips on each side instead of curves. Also, as longboards are longer in size, they tend to be heavier than skateboards. This is why some people prefer skateboards over longboards. But if you want to experience the adventure, longboards are always the better choice.
Skateboards were made for the purpose of skating in parks and rams. But if you want to use the skateboard for a long journey, it will not give you a stable time. Whereas, longboards were made for long journeys, and they give perfectly smooth rides, unlike skateboards.
The balance of a skateboard depends on its size. Skateboards are generally small in size. Thus they need better balancing skills. However, longboards have a longer size which makes it fit for everyone, even who does not have a good balancing skill. You will have the freedom of stance on longboards which are often lost on skateboards.
Pumping is a riding trick that can be carried without the touching the feet to the ground. Skateboards often need the feet to touch the ground, but longboards do not. So, longboards are more fitted in case of, pumping tricks.
In a nutshell, longboards are skateboards, only a different kind.
Longboard Buying Guide
If you are on the level of a beginner in the game of longboarding, you absolutely need a buying guidance, or you will be lost in the names of best longboards. The tough it may seem, we have provided a list of things that should be kept in mind while buying longboards. Let us have a look.
1. Deck– The longboard deck is the flat longboard to stand on while you skate. A longboard’s deck should be long enough to stand on properly, and the range is 33″ to 60″. Depending on your need and use, you can freely choose the size, shape, and material of your longboard’s deck. However, it would be wise to save longboard’s deck in the rain and store them properly for long-lasting use. Longboard decks are mostly made of maple, bamboo and carbon fiber. Also, they usually have two shapes namely cruisers and downhill.
Also Read – Best Portable Basketball hoop Reviews
2. Grip tape– It is the sandpaper like a tape that is used on longboards deck surface to provide better gripping. Longboard’s deck material and grip tape materials are same. All you need to do is to pay attention to the dimension. For a standard longboard, a 12″X4″ grip tape will suffice.
3. Wheels– Wheels are one of the most important parts of longboards. So, before buying you need to examine the wheels. Made of polyurethane, a longboard’s wheels are mostly soft and large in size than the common skateboards. The wheel’s size ranges from 65 cm to 75 cm.
4. Longboard trucks– Longboard trucks are the metal T-shaped pieces that are mounted on the underside of the deck. Trucks of longboards should be wider and larger than standard skateboards; 150 mm or 180 mm is a perfect size.
How Do You Use a Longboard?
No one can ever teach you skating a longboard overnight. But it is easy to mount a longboard than a skateboard because of the bigger size and better balancing system. However, if you are a beginner and utterly confused how to use a longboard, here are some simple steps that will help.
1. The longboard – At first, you have to decide what you are looking for in a longboard. Shorter longboards are more agile, less stable but longer longboards are less agile and more stable. So, for a beginner, you need to choose longboards with a fairly long board.
2. Protective parts – Never mount a longboard without protective measures. And for a beginner, it is important to be padded up even if you are not doing any dangerous stunts.
- A good fitting helmet that covers your head properly.
- Flat bottomed skateboard shoes.
- Elbow pads
- Knee pads
3. Goofy or regular – Before starting out with a longboard, you need to decide, whether you are a goofy longboarder or a regular one. If you skate with your left foot facing forward, you are regular, but if you skate with your right foot facing forward, you are a goofy. To find out, you have to slide on a smooth surface without anyone warning you.
4. Practise it on, a flat surface –For the first couple of day, you need to practice it on a flat surface for easy slides. Always try to keep your center of gravity lower.
5. Basic stance and balancing – After that, try to catch up with a basic stance with balancing the longboards. This will help your body naturally to gain balance or control.
Last update on 2020-09-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API