Best Ping Pong Paddle Reviews: Rackets are wooden blades which have table tennis rubbers glued to it. Racket, Paddle, or bat we talking about the same product. The rackets are made of wood and laminated with rubber on one or both sides according to a player’s grip preference. This racket does not have any strings like regular rackets. In the USA it is called Paddle, but in Asia and Europe, it is called bat.
There are different types of rubber coatings on the paddle – Pimpled, Sponge layers, Pimples on the inner and outer layer. Some paddles have foam layers under rubber, those are called sandwich rubbers. Few paddles are covered with some layer to make it spin resistance, but it is illegal to use these kinds of rackets in any competitions because they are not approved by the ITTF.
- 1 Top Best Rated Ping Pong Paddle
- 1.1 STIGA Evolution Performance-Level Table Tennis Racket Made with Approved Rubber for Tournament Play
- 1.2 Killerspin Jet800 Speed N1 Ping Pong Paddle with Storage Case Black/Red
- 1.3 STIGA Pro Carbon Performance-Level Table Tennis Racket with Carbon Technology for Tournament Play
- 1.4 DHS HURRICANE-II Tournament Ping Pong Paddle, Table Tennis Racket - Shakehand with a LANDSON Rubber Protection
- 1.5 Killerspin JET 600 Spin N2 Table Tennis Paddle, Ping Pong Paddle for Intermediate or Advanced Players, red, medium (110-06)
- 1.6 Palio Master 2.0 Table Tennis Racket & Case - ITTF Approved - Flared - Intermediate Ping Pong, Racket, Paddle
- 1.7 STIGA Supreme Performance-Level Table Tennis Racket made with ITTF Approved Rubber for Tournament Play - Features STIGA ACS for Control and Speed
- 1.8 MAPOL 4 Star Professional Ping Pong Paddle Advanced Training Table Tennis Racket with Carry Case (2PCS)
- 1.9 Butterfly Balsa Carbo X5 Pro-Line Table Tennis Racket - ITTF Professional Ping Pong Paddle – Carbon Blade Assembled with Tenergy 80 FX 2.1mm Red and Black Table Tennis Rubber
- 1.10 Idoraz Ping Pong Paddle Professional Racket - Table Tennis Racket with Carrying Case – ITTF Approved Rubber for Tournament Play
- 2 Guide to the Best Ping Pong Paddles
- 3 FAQs
- 4 Conclusion:
Top Best Rated Ping Pong Paddle
1. STIGA Evolution Table Tennis Racket
STIGA paddles are approved by ITTF International Table Tennis Federation for tournament level performances. These are performance level table tennis rackets, it has premium rubber and 2 mm ply. The STIGA Evolution has these qualities Shock Dispersion Tube (SDT) which helps to absorb vibrations and transfers the energy into improved speed, control and feel.
The rubber has NANOCOMPOSITE TECHNOLOGY which keeps the rubber stronger and creates tighter bonds which increase speed and spin of the paddle. There are numerous air capsules that combine the rubber, making it super light and allow high speed with outstanding control. The paddle also has features like – WRB Weight Balance, Rate of Recovery, and Ball Sensitivity. The balance of the blade is shifted when it hits the ball, the paddle doesn’t feel heavy at all. The rackets handle has well-positioned recess in the handle that gives extra sensitivity to the touch. The Crystal technology hardens the surface of the blade that increases the speed.
For decades, STIGA has been the brand of choice for ping pong players globally. The quality of their products and the superb customer service is the reason why it has been a trusted brand since 1944.
This is what they list as specs on their website:
- Performance-Level Table Tennis Racket
- Performance Ratings- Speed: 96 Spin: 94 Control: 90
- Handle: Concave Pro
- Rubber: Premium
- Sponge: 2.0 mm
- Blade: 6-ply Light
- ITTF approved – this paddle is approved by the ITTF and rated as tournament level paddle.
- Professional – the paddle has professional level finishing done which makes it one of the best among the other products.
- Grip & Style – the handle is concave and no matter what style or grip you have it will be compatible with any style or grip.
- Warranty – the warranty is not disclosed for this product. The rubber deteriorates fast when regularly used or kept in direct sunlight or cold temperature.
- High Maintenance – the rubber and the paddle are high maintenance. It needs regular cleaning and changes.
2. Killerspin JET800 SPEED N1 Table Tennis Paddle
This paddle is ITTF approved Nitrx 2.0 mm rubber which allows more power to the paddle. JET800 SPEED N1 is an all-rounder paddle; it generates power in the paddle that dominates your competitor. The paddle has 2 carbon layers sandwiched and 5 Ply of premium wood these 7 combinations make a perfect paddle for offensive ping pong players. The SEED N1 paddles come in a gift worthy packing that gives a high-class look to the paddle.
The burnt wood handle has wooden taping which helps to protect the paddle from damages and the preserves the energy you generate to produce more powerful shots. The JET800 SPEED N1 has Nitrx-4Z rubber this is approved by the ITTF. The nitrx rubber is high tension for increased spin and power, the top sheet gives exceptional grip on the ball strike which gives you heavy advantages of heavy spins of servers. Allows you to counter opponent’s spiny shots, the 7 layers combination makes the paddle powerhouse of energy.
- Performance ratings – Speed: 9.5, Spin: 9.0, Control: 8.0
- Blade – 7 ply blade made with 5 wood layers + 2 carbon layers for lightweight competition level performance
- Rubbers – Nitrx-4Z table tennis rubbers
- Sponge – 2.0mm high tension sponge
- ITTF approved? – Yes, can be used in official tournaments
- Weight – 190 grams (6.7oz)
- Our rating – 9.1/10
- ITTF approved – the rubber used is ITTF approved.
- Memory collection – the paddle comes with a memory book which helps you to collect scores or opponents signature.
- Warranty – the product has a limited 30 days warranty. The rubber deteriorates very fast when used regularly or when kept in direct sunlight or in cold temperature.
- Style – the paddle is only for aggressive style players.
- High maintenance – the rubber of paddle needs high maintenance, regular changes, and proper cleaning after each use.
3. STIGA Pro Carbon Table Tennis Racket
Having actually considered as well as examined a great deal of ping pong paddles our 2nd selection is the STIGA Pro Carbon.
It’s made with a 7-ply blade (2 of which are carbon to keep it lightweight) offering it a lot of power as well as rate. The STIGA Pro Carbon table tennis noise has a rate rating of 99, 100 spin, and also a control score of 80. This means that it is just one of the fastest paddles you can get as well as we definitely loved playing with it. It’s got a significant wonderful area that made getting in touch with the sphere and also striking even more champions a great deal simpler.
The only point we had actually reference is that, if you are all new to table tennis as well as haven’t played before this may not be the most effective ping pong racket for you because of its lower control rating. When you first begin you wish to pick a bat that has a high control score to assist you to discover exactly how to hit the ball. But, when you have actually got the hang of that, we assume the STIGA Pro Carbon could be a fantastic option as well as an ideal upgrade to take your match play to the following level.
- ITTF approved – the paddle’s rubber is approved by International Table Tennis Federation for tournament level games.
- Professional – the finishing of the racket is professional level.
- Style and grip – the paddle is for Shake hand grip only.
- High maintenance – the rubber need high maintenance and the rubber need regular changes and cleaning.
- Warranty – the warranty of the product is not disclosed, the rubber deteriorates very fast when used regularly or when kept in direct sunlight or in cold temperature.
4. DHS HURRICANE-II Tournament Ping Pong Paddle
One of the lot more pricey noises that we checked out the DHS Hurricane II is a costs ping pong paddle that is aimed at the intermediate player aiming to take their game to the following degree.
Contrasted to a few of the various other paddles we considered it doesn’t have the very best power and also rate but the spin was insane. It’s special from the various other bats we’ve checked out as each side of the paddle has various designs of rubber. On one side (red), it has the acnes in as well as on the other side (black) it has the pimples out. This allows you to change your style of play mid-game just by turning the paddle.
While it may be a little on the expensive side if you have actually obtained the spending plan to invest a little additional we don’t think you’ll be disappointed with this incredible noise. One thing to state however is that the rubber smells quite bad. You might require to locate something to mask the smell of fish … However, we think the DHS Storm II is just one of the best paddles on the marketplace today.
- Grip – the product is suitable for the players with shake hand grip.
- Inverted pimples – the paddle has inverted pimples which increase the control on the ball.
- Package – the product comes in a package with a cover and two paddles.
- Warranty – the warranty of the product is not disclosed. The product has rubber which deteriorates when comes in contact with air and direct sunlight or cold temperature.
- High maintenance – the rubber needs maintenance and care, regular change of rubbers and cleaning of the paddles.
5. Killerspin JET600 Table Tennis Paddle
The competition level paddles for intermediate and advanced players the paddle is very advanced. The rubber used in the paddle is Nitrx 2 mm high tension rubber which is approved by International Table Tennis Federation. The blade of the paddle is 5 Plywood and 6.0 mm lightweight thickness balanced for controlled and aggressive games.
The product comes in a well-packed gift box and the JET 600 paddle has premium rubbers combines a soft feel on the paddle which gives enough spring for hard hitters. The JET 600 paddle was created for the players who play aggressively yet finesse-oriented players for ease in the game. The product comes with a 30 days warranty.
- ITTF approved – the JET 600 table tennis paddle is approved by the ITTF for tournament and games.
- Style – the paddle is for those players who have an aggressive style in the game.
- Lightweight – the paddle is lightweight which doesn’t give any harm to your wrist while playing.
- Warranty – the product has a limited 30-day warranty, which will not cover the deterioration of rubber which usually happens after 30 days or more.
- Rubber and its maintenance – rubber needs high maintenance and regular cleaning when the rubber wears out it has to be changed.
6. Palio Master 2 Table Tennis Racket
The Palio master 2 is an exclusive collaboration between Palio and Expert table tennis. It provides the player high-level spin without losing control, it is recommended for intermediate or the players who have mastered their basic skills in table tennis. The Palio CJ 8000 rubbers are ITTF approved and are well-known for their ability, they generate great spin while maintaining good control and level because of their softer sponge.
The rubber helps you in Topspin, Backspin, and Sidespin very easily. The wood of Palio x ETT Master 2 blades is completely redesigned to improve the quality and feeling. The flared handles give better control and power to the player.
- Cover – the product comes with a cover case which keeps the paddle safe from dirt and harmful weather.
- ITTF approved – the rubbers used in the paddle are ITTF approved.
- All-rounder paddle – the paddle can be used for offensive as well as defensive players.
- Maintenance – the rubber needs maintenance and regular cleaning. When the rubber deteriorates it is changed frequently.
- Warranty – the warranty of the paddle is not disclosed.
7. STIGA Supreme Table Tennis Racket
This is a performance level table tennis racket. The paddle has STIGA Tube, Weight balance, Rate of recovery, Ball Sensitivity and Crystal technology, ACS Air Capsules that make the rubber ultra light and allows high speed with maximum elasticity with outstanding control. STIGA Supreme has ITTF approved rubbers for Tournament level performances.
- ITTF approved – The rubber of the paddle is ITTF approved the paddles are tournament quality.
- High maintenance – the rubbers are very high maintenance, they need to be cleaned frequently and changed when worn out.
8. MAPOL 4 Star Professional Ping Pong Paddle
The paddle has good spin and control 7 Plywood with is little heavy. The paddle good performance rubber and 2 mm sponge, the handles are flared and the product package 2 paddles and a case. The paddles can be used by all level players.
- Package – the product comes with 2 paddles and a tennis carry bag.
- Players – the paddle is for all level players. Players can easily use this paddle for training.
- Heavy– the paddle is slightly heavy which will be a little uncomfortable for some players.
- Handle – the handles of the product are short, some players prefer long handles for easy grip and control over the paddle.
9. Butterfly Balsa Carbo X5-FL
This paddle has carbon fiber-reinforced wood; the carbon fiber offers increased speed and larger sweet spot. The Butterfly tenergy rackets are the top choice of many players. The 80 FX offers great balance and heavy spin. The racket is ideal for the power play with great spin.
SPECIALIST TABLE TENNIS NOISE: This ping pong noise is for gamers that want to attack and also need a touch of control to control challengers. ITTF approved for table tennis competitions
BALSA CARBO X5 CARBON BLADE: The Balsa core uses light weight & wonderful touch while the Carbon layers include power. Made for near the table strikes plus power for mid-distance ping pong shots
TENERGY 80 FX 2. 1 RUBBER: This ping pong paddle is equipped with Tenergy 80 FX 2. 1mm using a fantastic balance of broadband as well as heavy spin for attacking. FX provides it a softer sponge for more control
BUTTERFLY TABLE TENNIS RACKETS – Butterfly noises are the recommended selection for specialist gamers
SHIPS PUT TOGETHER– The Butterfly Balsa Carbo X5 blade is put together by hand in the U.S.A. with Tenergy 80 FX 2. 1mm Rubber.
Butterfly Free Chack rubber adhesive is utilized to apply the rubber as well as is packaged in the original Butterfly blade box
- Carbon Fiber – the carbon fiber in the paddle increases the speed and gives larger sweet spot from the other different wooden paddles.
- Custom Racket – the rackets are can be customized, the rubbers can be changed when needed.
- Two colors – the racket has two colors red and black, red for the forehand and black for the backhand.
- Warranty – the warranty of the product is not disclosed.
- Care – the rubber needs regular cleaning and change.
10. Atemi Pro Line 2000 Ping Pong Racket
The Atemi technology dramatically boosts the power of your shots, the bat has APS Additional Power System which doubles the flexibility of the blade. The specially designed handles act like springs boosting power and control. There are two types of handles available in this product Flared and Anatomic handles. The Atemi has impressive performance stats, the IPPON competition rubbers with 2 mm sponge the blades are 5 Ply 5.5mm, the paddles are well-rounded and perfectly balanced which make it a professional racket.
- 30 days Money back guarantee – the product has 30 days product replacement or money back guarantee.
- Players – the paddles can be used by beginners and advanced players too.
- Maintenance – the rubber needs high maintenance and regular cleaning.
Guide to the Best Ping Pong Paddles
Choosing a type of paddle
While making a purchase make sure to pay attention to the paddle grip, there are two types of paddles grips – Shake hand grip, which is the most common in the west. The pen hold grip, this grip puts your arm in more natural position from brush strokes. You can start with the basic wood or plastic paddle. The basic Paddles will teach you how to be more precise and then you can switch to an expensive paddle. Buy a readymade paddle as it also has same dimension and ping pong is a game of technique than equipment. So, it suggested to start practicing with an affordable paddle..
Finding the Reliable Paddle Surface
There are different versions of rubber surface available in the market for a paddle. The thin sheet of rubber is glued to the paddle’s surface which creates traction and gives greater control over the ball. The rubber comes in different textures known as Pimples, Dimples, Waffling & choosing the correct thickness of the rubber sheet is important.
Customize or Ready-made
Ready-made racket is pre-assembled paddles for the players who have got started with the game. Customize paddles are assembled according to a players choice, these are the players who are playing for more than few years and want to upgrade their skills. The downside of ready-made paddles are they not durable. The rubber deteriorates when it comes in contact with air and light.
Try and buy
You can try different types of grips, blades, and designs and then select the best combination according to your game. Your style and grip is not possible to determine beforehand so try different paddles and then purchase the best one as per your need.
How to take care of the Ping Pong Paddle
Change the rubber regularly – the rubber deteriorates when comes in contact with air or direct sunlight, the rubber also wears out from regular use in games.So, regularly change the rubber of your paddle.
Storage – Keep the paddle in a dry place, excess moisture can crack or splinter your paddle.
Regular cleaning – the paddle faces regular hits and gradually the grip sheet goes out of stroke, the paddles should be cleaned after each game.
Covers – the paddles should be kept covered when not in use, the plastic covering came with the paddles should be regularly used while paddle is not being use.
Also Read – Best Foosball Table Reviews
Dirt and oil – the regular use of paddles collect dirt and oil on the rubber and the handles, there are many cleaning sprays available in the market which helps you to remove dirt and oil from the paddle. Cleaning rejuvenates the rubber.
New ball – whenever you use a new ball make sure you wipe your paddle after the game because the new ball comes with some powder which leaves a mark on the paddle.
Cold weather – cold temperature hardens the rubber and hence makes it dead until it warms up again which takes time. Therefore, be patient while playing in cold weather.
Types of Ping Pong Paddles
There are two types of Ping Pong Paddles, both are made differently for distinguish purposes. The grips, rubbers and the structure of the paddles make them different from the other.
- Rackets for defensive games – Defensive rackets don’t allow you to place your own spin but reverse the spin by your opponent. There are two types of defensive rackets.
- Anti-spin rackets – these rackets have a smooth and glossy surface which is made of soft sponge. The racket doesn’t help you to make any spin and doesn’t even give you any offensive options. This racket would leave you open for attacks.
- Long Pip Rackets – the long pip rackets have longer and thinner pips than the standard pip-out rackets. The texture of the paddle changes each time you hit the ball which gives some unexpected shots to your opponent.
2. Rackets for attacking games – Attacking rackets are made for scoring and attacking shots. The two most common types of tennis rackets according to USA Table Tennis are the Inverted and Pips-out racket. The inverted rackets have smooth rubber sheets with small pimples or pips that face inwards, the paddle have a smooth and flat surface thus increases your control on the ball.
The Pips out racket are similar to inverted rackets; the only difference between them is the fact that pips out racket have the pip pointed outwards. The pip out racket isn’t ideal for spin but lets you hit the ball harder. Attacking rackets gives you a good grip on the ball, allowing for increased spin and accurate hitting. The bracket allows you make stronger scoring shots so you can dominate your opponent.
What are the paddle scores?
Each paddle’s efficiency is normally rated out of 100 (or 10) depending on exactly how well they execute in 3 various classifications. Those classifications are:
Relying on your playing style you might want to have a paddle that has a high rating in one classification over one more. So the appropriate bat for a much more protective player for instance, might not be the best one for an aggressive player. It may also transform as you enhance your game. Something to state though is that these scores are chosen by the paddle supplier and so can be quite biased. We often tend to take them right into factor to consider however with a pinch of salt. You’re much better off checking out evaluations of players who’ve in fact attempted them out than thinking everything the maker tells you.
It’s fairly obvious however if a paddle has a quick rate ranking it will be less complicated to strike the ball much faster. If you’re an assaulting gamer that stands a bit more back from the table as well as suches as to hit knockouts then you’ll want to select a paddle that can create a lot of power (a thicker sponge and also even more plies). What you acquire in speed though you will sacrifice in control.
Gamers that wish to be able to produce even more spin when they hit the ball will certainly want to choose a paddle that has a lot of grasp. This is normally to the rubber and also frequently gamers will certainly have one side of the bat with a various rubber to the other which enables them to pick relying on what style of shot they want to hit.
As a novice, one of the most essential quality of a paddle should be sphere control. Speed, spin and power will certainly come later when you come to be more seasoned but for now, you require to concentrate on obtaining the ball to go where you want it to.
Maintaining Your Paddle In Good Condition
As soon as you’ve acquired a fantastic paddle, it’s truly important to keep it in the best possible problem so it doesn’t wear as well rapidly and also you get the best games feasible. There are 2 means we recommend to do this.
Bring Case For Your Ping Pong Paddles
Among the most effective means to maintain your paddle safe is by saving it in a case. This will quit it from being damaged by dust, water and also obtaining knocked mistakenly when not being used. Some rackets don’t have excellent toughness and can be rather breakable so it deserves having a risk-free storage space alternative. Check out our overview to the most effective instances for your paddle below to discover how professional players take care of their own.
Just how To Clean Your Paddle
From time to time you’ll require to clean the rubber on your paddle to eliminate dust as well as spots. By doing this you’ll be able to maintain creating good spin and preserve the tackiness of your rubber. You need to be cautious though as if you use the wrong point you can wind up truly harming your paddle and needing to get a brand-new one. Prior to you begin scrubbing away make sure to take a look at our overview to cleaning a ping pong paddle here to make your rubber last much longer.
Prior to we carry on to our paddle evaluates we believed we would certainly cover a couple of more common questions we obtain asked.
Q. Is there a distinction in between the red as well as black side of a ping pong paddle?
A good inquiry! The answer is it depends. An expert gamer will certainly utilize a different rubber on each side of their paddle and the factor they’re various colors is so their challenger can understand which side they’re making use of as well as therefor what sort of shot to expect.
Q. Are costly ping pong paddles worth it?
Definitely! But, a lot more pricey doesn’t always imply much better. All of it depends on your capacity. If you’re a novice after that there’s not aim purchasing an extremely pricey paddle as it will not be suitable for you. However, if you’re a sophisticated gamer then absolutely you ought to invest a little bit more as the top quality of the paddle leaps greatly when you go up the rate array
Q. What is the Best Table Tennis Paddle For Beginners?
It’s hard to state exactly which paddle is best for beginners. However, what is easy to state is that you require to go with one with a high control ranking. Beginners need to go for a slower a paddle to allow them time to discover the abilities needed to level up their video game.
We wish that’s assisted offer you a concept of what to look for when seeking the very best ping pong paddles. It can get extremely overwhelming looking through all the various options offered and so we have actually tried to focus in on a few of the leading options.
It’s tough to claim which is the very best one though as it really depends on you. Protective gamers will want to search for something with great deals of spin that isn’t as rapid to slow down the ball down. Where as aggresive players will certainly want to go with the power.
We possess a great deal of different table tennis noises, however our much-loved is the Killerspin Jet 800. In our point of view, it’s one of the very best pre-made table tennis paddles on the marketplace and also will definitely aid you to up your video game to the following level.
Last update on 2021-04-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Best Portable Basketball Hoop Reviews 2020
10 Best Soft Cooler Reviews and Buying Guide 2020
Best Steel Toe Boots Review and Buying Guide 2020
Best Skateboard Truck Reviews and Buying Guide 2020
10 Best Filtered Water Bottles for Travel
10 Useful and Creative Gifts for Kayakers
10 Best Longboards Review and Buying Guide for 2021
10 Best Zumba Shoes Reviews and Buying Guide