A Travel Crib is basically a cot meant for babies to nap and play at home as well as during travel. It can be easily carried around while traveling. Cribs have soft sides that give a comfortable feel to the baby during sleep. Travelling itself can get stressful and if there is a baby with you then it is really a tough task. Sometimes infants feel uncomfortable during sleep while they are traveling. They search for a comfortable zone for sleep, otherwise, they create a great deal of nuisance. A travel crib is the best solution for this problem. And of course, if your baby is uncomfortable, the journey won’t be a picnic for you either! So, make sure that you get a crib so that your baby can comfortably nap and play.
- 1 Best Travel Crib Reviews for Kids
- 1.1 1. Lotus Travel Crib Portable Playard
- 1.2 2. BABYBJORN Travel Crib Light, Silver
- 1.3 3. Chicco Lullago Travel Crib, Lavender
- 1.4 4. Graco Travel Lite Crib, Winslet
- 1.5 5. Graco Pack ‘n Play On the Go Playard
- 1.6 6. KidCO Travelpod Portable Bed, Cranberry
- 1.7 7. 4moms, Breeze, Play Yard
Best Travel Crib Reviews for Kids
Listed below are bestselling Best Travel Crib Reviews for Kids which satisfy both affordability and quality.
1. Lotus Travel Crib Portable Playard
This Lotus travel crib can be set up in 15 seconds. It is portable and fits easily as a carry-on.
The Mesh is breathable and gives a clear view. It also allows for a complete flow of air and gives you an uncompromising view of your child, even when it is zipped up. The sides go down all the way to the mattress in order to create a breathable and safe environment for the child to sleep. No PVC, Lead, or phthalates are used.
Parents who are seeking out for a versatile crib that is easy to use and compact, then they should definitely go for the Lotus Travel Crib.
- WORRY-FREE AIRPORT TRAVEL - Designed to be easy to fly with the compact, light backpack carrying case. Set up is simple in 15 seconds and only weighs 13 lbs packed.
- CERTIFIED SAFE & NON-TOXIC - The only playard with GreenGuard Gold non-toxic certification (low voc & no lead, phthalates, pvc, heavy metals, etc). Full-height mesh guarantees best, breathable airflow.
- QUIET SIDE ZIPPER DOOR - Nurse or cuddle your little one to sleep, then just zip the lockable access door. Easier on your back, and when it’s time to play & crawl, more fun!
- COMFORTABLE MATTRESS - Perfect for sleep and play, our updated pad’s thick, soft foam is approved for newborns & infants for overnight sleep (0-3 years old)
- WHAT’S INCLUDED - You get a complete travel crib with the compact backpack carrying case. Two Year Warranty and great customer service. Sheets not included. Setup Crib Length: 42”, Width: 32”, Height: 25”. Folded (in Backpack) Length: 24”, Width: 7”, Height: 11”
- The best feature of this crib is that it is convertible and can be carried around as a backpack.
- It is lightweight.
- Nothing significant.
2. BABYBJORN Travel Crib Light, Silver
Jet-setting with your kids could have never been easier. This crib is lightweight and compact. This makes it easy for parents to carry it to the airport. The crib is 32 inches long, 44 inches wide, and 24 inches high. So it doesn’t take up much space in your trunk. Plus, it weighs just 13 pounds, so, it is super lightweight.
It is easy to set up and put together. You don’t even need to read the manual for setting it up. It is so easy that you can figure out the assembling just by looking at it! The crib is quite stable and doesn’t wobble at all after it is completely set up. It provides the utmost comfort to your baby.
- Easy to set up
- Easy to fold
- Soft, comfy and firm mattress
- It won’t fit easily in most suitcases.
3. Chicco Lullago Travel Crib, Lavender
At such an affordable price the Chicco Lullago Travel Crib is one of the best options out there for parents who are on a budget but still want the best for their child. Chicco is one of the biggest baby brands in Europe and has been around for 50 years in Italy under Artsana- its leading company.
It doesn’t take much time to set up due to its snap-on legs and single-piece structure. The mesh windows and soft mattresses create a comfy and cozy environment for your baby to sleep in. It also features anti-slip feet that are great to prevent the crib from slipping or sliding.
- Large, padded mattress with zip-and-wash pad
- Mesh side panels provide visibility and ventilation
- Snap-on metal legs for fast and easy setup and storage
- Flat fold and included carry bag for travel and storage
- All fabrics are removable and machine-washable
- The mattress is soft, yet firm.
- It is portable and easy to set up.
- The mesh is light and breathable.
- Only one window is present on each side.
4. Graco Travel Lite Crib, Winslet
The dimensions of the Graco Pack ‘n Play Travel Lite Crib Playard are- Height: 29.3 inches, Width: 22.8 inches, Length: 32 inches and it weighs 19.7 lbs. It easily fits beside your bed and provides your baby with a safe, secure and comfortable sleep. It is portable and handy, perfect for travel!
This crib is easy to set up and fold. Although collapsing can take a little bit more time than setting up, it won’t waste much of your precious time- around 5-10 minutes maximum.
- Swing seat doubles as a rocker giving you flexibility to provide your baby a safe, soothing spot to play
- Easy one-hand recline lever allows you to lower the seat into a rocker without having to move your baby
- Soothes with the same gentle motion you use when cuddling and comforting baby in your nursery glider
- Vibration with two gentle speed settings keeps baby relaxed. 3-point harness with cover keeps your child secure
- Option to plug in or use batteries for convenience
- Safety is the biggest advantage with this crib. It can’t topple easily.
- It provides a nice play area for your baby.
- The design is such that it easily blends wth the interior of most bedrooms.
- Some people might find the process of collapsing to be time-consuming.
5. Graco Pack ‘n Play On the Go Playard
The Graco Pack ‘n Play On the Go Playard, Finch is an easy to reach crib that is designed primarily for the enhanced comfort of the baby. Also, it is convenient to the parents. It is quite easy to set up and doesn’t require much of your time. Unlike most other cribs that come with a large number of parts and subparts, this one doesn’t come with loads of tiny pieces.
It is easy to carry and has a spacious play area. The baby can play for as long as he likes and then take a quick nap. He can sleep without hassles both at home and away from home.
- Removable full size bassinet
- Handy diaper stacker and mobile
- One hand locking mechanism
- Easy to move with locking wheels
- Easy compact fold
- Folding wheels and feet allow more convenience while storage.
- It is lightweight and easy to carry.
- The quality of the mattress that comes with it is not up to the mark.
6. KidCO Travelpod Portable Bed, Cranberry
The best part about the KidCO Travelpod Portable Bed is its mattress. It is made up of soft foam, so it is really comfy. At the same time, it is water-resistant. It can be adorned with any standard-sized sheet. It consists of full mesh sides that provide full visibility and maximum flow of air. The enhanced visibility ensures more safety for your child.
It also enables your baby to enjoy his fun time in its play yard! The steel frame is quite sturdy and easy to assemble.
- Children’s Travel Bed
- For use with children one to three years old
- Lightweight mesh; great for air flow and as an insect screen
- Anchor straps
- Micro-Lite sleeping pad comes pre-assembled and ready to use
- It is covered with soft fabric that can easily be washed in a washing machine.
- The mattress is water repellent.
- It might be expensive for some.
7. 4moms, Breeze, Play Yard
The 4moms blue is a simple open up and close down crib that has a blend of modern design with high-end security and safety features. The sturdy build makes it stand out from the crowd. The sidewalls are made up of mesh that provides a clear view of the child. It offers a play yard area for your baby’s fun time!
Safety of the child is not compromised in any way. It has a lot of room inside for the child to play. It offers comfort for the child and convenience and portability for you.
- Opens or closes in one step
- Quick set up
- Includes removable bassinet & changer
- All-in-one care station
- Convenient travel bag included
- A little extra space is an added bonus for children who tend to roll over.
- Mesh walls ensure extra safety.
- This crib is not as portable as other ones out there.
Almost all the travel cribs are of the same design. Generally, there is a fabric crib on a strong frame. Some of them even fold down and pack into a zipper bag with handles. Pop-up cribs are easy to attach and detach. It is more like a small tent. When it assembles, the inner mattresses also fit within the sturdy frame. Some of the main features that should be kept in mind while buying travel cribs are:
Easy to handle
Whenever you are going to buy a travel crib you should first see a demonstration of its assembly. You should know how to attach and detach its parts. Also, you should check the weight of the whole crib and whether it is comfortable to handle during traveling or not. If the crib is too light, it can topple easily. This can be extremely hazardous for the baby. On the other hand, if the crib is too heavy, parents are going to have a very hard time lifting and carrying it around while traveling.
Crib with Mesh Window
At least one side of the crib should have mesh window. It is because you can see the baby and baby can also enjoy the outside view. But if you want it all dark from the inner side then you should select a crib containing roll-down blinds to cover this mesh. The choice totally depends on you. Although, it’s better to experiment with a few cribs and see what comforts your baby. After all, your child’s comfort has to be the top priority!
Crib with toys
You can select a travel crib that serves a dual purpose. In this setup, your baby can play with the toy and when he is done playing he can sleep. Although, you should have to select a more sturdy frame for this kind of travel crib. Playpens have detachable toy flaps, toy tidy, soft toys, etc that entertain your baby and makes the crib an enjoyable place.
Travel crib with Bassinet kit
Some travel cribs come with bassinet kit. It can be used as a bassinet for a newborn baby till 3-4 months. After that, it can convert into travel crib.
Wheels and carry bag
Some travel crib comes with carry bags and wheels. This facility makes the movement of the crib a lot easier.
Comfortable Changing Units
Travel cribs also come with a flip-over changing unit. With the help of this, changing the baby’s diapers is much easier.
In some travel cribs fabric attached with the crib is washable. If you are regularly using travel crib, then this type of selection has to be on your top priority list.
Many options are out there. You just have to do a little research according to your requirements, space and need for a travel crib. Some of the parents are using these travel cribs during daytime sleep while others have created a small home play area for their kids. The choice is totally yours. How and when you are using the travel crib and how secure your child is feeling in this crib is all that matters.
Travel Crib Buying Guide
The crib is a very important part of your home because you are using it for your newborn baby. And when it comes to your little baby nothing can be compromised. This guide will definitely help you to find out just an appropriate travel crib for your child.
More simple more convenient
One thing the parents should always keep in mind is that simpler the crib the easier it is to assemble and disassemble. A more complex design will create more trouble for you and it might even be dangerous to your baby if you don’t understand what a certain part of the crib does.
Do not buy a used crib
If possible avoid buying or taking a used crib from a friend or a relative. Generally, an old crib is not durable and may be irreparable at times. Try to purchase new travel crib as a new crib follows all the updated standards of safety and security.
Whenever you buy any travel crib be assured of the safety parameters. Check the space between slots and other parts. There should be no sharp edges like screws, nuts, knob, corners etc. You should also ensure that the frame is tightly assembled. Slats should not be loose and if you are choosing a wooden crib. Also, make sure that the crib is free of cracks or holes.
If you are purchasing travel crib online, open it immediately when you are handed over. Check it thoroughly and if you find even a slight fault, immediately return it. Please DO NOT not take any chances on the cost of baby’s security.
Assemble the Crib
First of all, you have to decide the place where you want to fix it. After that, you can call the assistance for assembling the crib from where you bought it. They are experts who can assemble it very quickly and at the same time if you find any flaws you can easily return it to them. Otherwise, you can assemble it on your own with the help of someone who is more experienced than you. Two newbies setting up a crib for a delicate baby is not at all a good idea.
Adjust the Mattress
Most of the cribs come with adjustable heights. Some of them have three levels and some of them have more. Generally, it is easy to take out the infant from a higher level of the crib but it is dangerous when your child is 3-4 months old and starts taking turns. At that time it is better to shift your child to lower setting.
It is also advisable to keep the crib away from the window, wall hangings, wind blinds, curtains, or anything that can harm your child. You should always keep in mind that use of crib should stop as soon as your child starts climbing out. Continuous use of the crib when the baby starts rolling can seriously injure the child.
Why or When to buy a travel crib?
A travel crib is a very useful for baby. It can be used regularly at home and also during travel. It is also useful when you are staying at some other place. In a crib, your child can sleep more comfortably. By using a travel crib you can give your child a homely environment. If your child is in a relaxing mode then you can also enjoy the stay. Your baby can easily fall asleep in a familiar environment. If the place where you stay is not baby proofed then a crib is very useful. It is very easy to carry in its carry bag with other luggage. Following are some points that can explain you the usefulness of a travel Crib:
In a traditional crib, it is not possible to easily move it from here and there. But in travel crib, it can easily be moved. You can move it anywhere whether you are working in the kitchen, or garden or anywhere outside the house. You can easily manage the naptime of the baby. And the baby also feels comfortable in a familiar bed.
Even if you prepare a complete crib with mattress, bedding and other things required for a new bed, you will notice that a travel crib comes at a very affordable price.
It can be used both as a crib and also as a play area for your kid to play with his toys. It is very safe and secure. Many of the travel cribs come with a playpen facilities.
Safe & Secure
It is very safe for baby. Travel cribs generally come with mesh net window. It prevents your child from insect bites, dust etc. some of the big brands have additional facilities like fire retardant, UV protection shield and much more.
Easy to handle
Travel cribs are so lightweight that anyone can handle it easily. It is also convenient to assemble and disassemble the parts of the crib during travel. Some of the cribs come with a carry bag and wheels. This enhances the portability even more!
Although travel cribs are very useful for your baby some precautions should always be taken regarding safety issues. Use the crib as per the guidelines provided. When you unfold the crib you should always be careful to avoid any kind of mishaps. While your child is playing under this crib parental supervision is required all the time.
A Travel crib is a wonderful thing for both baby and parents. With some precautions, you and your baby can actually enjoy using a travel crib. So no more wait, go for it and let your kid enjoy a comfortable and a cozy sleep!
Last update on 2020-09-19 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API